*** Please introduce yourself *** - Page 8563 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
View Poll Results: Do "Nice-Guys" *really* finish last?
I'm a guy; Yes they do. 148 49.17%
I'm a guy; No they don't. 120 39.87%
I'm a gal; Yes they do. 5 1.66%
I'm a gal; No they don't. 23 7.64%
O.M.G.O. 5 1.66%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

9Likes

post #85621 of 85634 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 01:32 AM

i'm rony , i live in montreal ,canada, i own a 2001 monster 900s , i'm new to ducati and always want to learn more ,
GBH likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #85622 of 85634 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 06:35 AM

Hi, I'm Trevor Sworn, 52, living in Phnom Penh Cambodia (any other members in Cambodia?).
I have a red 2010 Monster 696 which originally came from US two years ago.
Although I've owned many bikes (from Vespas and dirk bikes to cafe racers), this is my first Ducati. I nearly bought a Hypermotard but so pleased I chose the Monster. Always puts a smile on my face!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ducati Oct 16 a.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	206762  
GBH likes this.
post #85623 of 85634 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 10:41 AM

Hello everyone!!!

I have been riding a 2016 1200S for about a year
GBH likes this.
post #85624 of 85634 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 10:10 PM

Garage
What's up Duc-heads? I'm Bernie, live in Chicago area and own a 2016 Monster R. It's red but should have got black. I'm not to mechanic savvy so I plan on asking a lot of questions. And if you're one of those guys who look down on guys like me feel free to GFY and not answer when I ask what may be a dumb question to you.
GBH likes this.
post #85625 of 85634 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 03:27 PM

Hi! I'm Kathy and I live in Edmonton, AB, Canada. I grew up fearful of motorbikes, wouldn't ride with my boyfriend who owned one (in hindsight, probably a good decision) but decided to take a motorcycle safety course to get over my fear. One day in, I was addicted and had to buy a bike immediately. The only thing available locally, in September, that I could reach the ground on was a HD Sportster 883. Please don't hate me. I've been riding for 16 years and use the bike daily. The little sports car usually gets about 300 miles a year put on it as it's just not as much fun as riding a bike.

I'm 62 and thinking if I don't trade up to my dream bike now it's never going to happen so looking to purchase a Ducati 881 in the next few months. I really appreciate the support I see on this forum and patience with us newbies. Looking forward to learning more about my favourite motorcycle!
dudelater, DarR and GBH like this.
post #85626 of 85634 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 12:06 PM

Garage
@kathylagare
Just saw this post now. Welcome.
My wife just started riding last year at 57 years old following her safety riding course. She's very vertically challenged where a cruiser would have been better height wise. Notwithstanding, I got her a CBR300R as it's much lighter and a much better starter bike. Also spent an extra $1500 to lower it properly by about 3 inches. The Honda was a good decision as it was inexpensive and she really does not enjoy riding as I do. Consequently, I may have to sell it but the financial loss is tolerable. I was hoping she would evolve onto a Monster 696 as the stock seat is a low 30".
I think the 821 is a great bike having had a demo for a weekend. Then rode their 1200 demo. Bought the 1200 just for the power and highway drivability. Fun bikes regardless of displacement size.
kathylagare likes this.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)

Last edited by DarR; 03-27-2018 at 12:22 PM.
post #85627 of 85634 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 10:18 PM

Thanks, DarR. Nice to hear I'm not the only woman coming to biking later in life. Though taking one for a test drive sounds like a good idea, I'm too terrified to demo ride one. The thought of riding in a pack, on a bike I don't know, with a group of people also trying to figure things out strikes fear in my heart. Just reading the specs I'm pretty sure I'm making the right decision as it will be a big step up power-wise from the 883. More than anything, I'm looking forward to the great braking which I find totally lacking on my Harley. I drive a Subaru WRX sTi in the winter and love the power and control and ability to drive defensively. I think the Ducati will give me the same feeling. That 1200R is a beast. Lucky you!
post #85628 of 85634 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 11:49 PM

Garage
@kathylagare
There are many women coming into biking later in life. Unfortunately, my wife is not enjoying riding and has anxiety. Moreover, two up riding is not her thing and mine either. She gave it a go and that's what counts.
Notwithstanding, 14% of all new bikes sold were to women. That's a big number.
My cousin rides a 1200 Sportster custom and she was very impressed about the brakes on my Ducati especially relative to her Harley. However, she loves her Harley and that's whats important. I consider myself very lucky to have two bikes that offset each other. We try to achieve the same with cars as we drive a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. The slower you drive, the more fun that gets. My wife enjoys the Jeep far more than the bike especially with the top down.

I have photos in my forum's garage here if you're interested in viewing:
https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...ehicle_id=3793

Yours is a great story in development. Enjoy some demos and keep us posted.
kathylagare likes this.

post #85629 of 85634 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 01:15 AM
GBH

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to GBH
Hi

I'm Gilbert, I'm from Johannesburg in South Africa, & i own & ride a 1997 Ducati Monster M400.
Luv the machine to bits & do my own work on the bike, as the only dealership here is crap, well most dealerships here are crap.
As i go along i collect data and share with anybody that is interested.
I had rebuild my bike with aftermarket parts & second hand parts that i could obtain.
I had added a cagiva tachometer & fuel gauge to the bike, and will do upgrades as i go along & can afford them.
the fuel gauge is not working & would like to replace it later on, but i am thinking of upgrading all the gauges to modern electronic ones that work with GPS, still researching it.
the other day i say vob on why you shouldn't own a Ducati, i say to hell with that chap. if you luv it, you'll make it work.

That's my two cents
post #85630 of 85634 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 09:36 AM

Garage
@GBH
Welcome. Big fan of Matt, Harry and Donovan on thebikeshow.co.za . Wish we could view the whole program from here in Canada as opposed to just their youtube channel.
Those guys are very interesting & entertaining.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode