*** Please introduce yourself *** - Page 8561 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
View Poll Results: Do "Nice-Guys" *really* finish last?
I'm a guy; Yes they do. 148 49.17%
I'm a guy; No they don't. 120 39.87%
I'm a gal; Yes they do. 5 1.66%
I'm a gal; No they don't. 23 7.64%
O.M.G.O. 5 1.66%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

9Likes

post #85601 of 85634 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 12:13 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Ricardo. I've been browsing on the forums for many months till I decided to pick up a really good priced 2014 Monster 796 a couple of months ago. So far the bike is awesome, but I'm already thinking of all the things I want to do, especially with the horrible stock cans. I love the way this bike looks with an open back so I'm pushing forward to getting a side mounted exhaust.

I live in Coral Springs FL. Any other SF Monster riders?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #85602 of 85634 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 01:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucaSTI View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Ricardo. I've been browsing on the forums for many months till I decided to pick up a really good priced 2014 Monster 796 a couple of months ago. So far the bike is awesome, but I'm already thinking of all the things I want to do, especially with the horrible stock cans. I love the way this bike looks with an open back so I'm pushing forward to getting a side mounted exhaust.

I live in Coral Springs FL. Any other SF Monster riders?
Ricardo,

Welcome. I just picked up a 2014 796 back in August and I love it. My first mod will be the 14T front sprocket, I can't handle the engine stutter at really low traffic speeds. I agree these bikes can look really nice with a clean back side, starting with a nice fender eliminator.

Check this thread for tail chop ideas: https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...-searched.html

Good luck!
-Trevor
post #85603 of 85634 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 01:34 PM

Hey guys,

Excited to be part of the forum, and hopefully soon the Duc family as I've been eying a monster ever since I laid eyes on one a few months ago.

I'm 26 and from Chicago, and recently sold my modded 2000 GT mustang for a Honda Ruckus (don't judge me .

Looking forward to learning a lot and breaking my motorcycle-cherry.
post #85604 of 85634 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 11:22 PM

Hello I was selfishly searching the site for problems. I bought a 2002 monster with no key and been sitting for several years, Asking for trouble huh. My name is jerry 76 yrs old nam vet, I like bikes I have a 97 magna, a 1200 bandit 2005, 2 vmaxes 97,94 . When I pulled the tank and had lock smith pick the lock, wow looked like big chunks of saw dust inside, got a switch off ebay , it turns and got a weak spark, but got a lot to do, too cold here in Tennessee as there is no heat in my polebarn, that's what I'm doing, glad to find this forum. Looking for fuel components and routing for lines etc, thanks for listening
post #85605 of 85634 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 08:41 PM

Alright, i'll chime in (not good at introducing myself)
my name is Raouf, i'm 24 yo, live in Halifax, NS (East Coast Canada). i've had my 2007 S2R1000 for about 6 months now. was never really a hardcore Ducati fan before but always had that feeling for the Monsters specifically since one of my HighSchool teachers had a S4Rs Testastretta (White tank and rims w/Red stripe and frame and golden forks) that i always admired!

I never really was actively looking for a Monster but saw this guy (previous owner) offering his bike on Kijiji (Canada's equivalent to CraigsList) and thought i would throw him an offer for trade with my 2004 Suzuki V-Strom 650 and went and met him and we test rode each other's bikes, he wanted $2,000 on top of my bike for his (which i instantly liked) but $2k was a bit too much, so i desperately thought "heck, i'll throw him an offer of $1,000 only on top of my bike", and ....... he agreed! and thats how i got my Monster

Current: '06 Multistrada 1000DS
Previous: '07 Monster S2R 1000
post #85606 of 85634 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 06:53 AM

hi everyone.
post #85607 of 85634 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:58 AM

Hi my names Emerson. Im 22yr old and work as a civilian aircraft mechanic for the US Air Force.
I've been riding for about 4 years now and just picked up my first ducati.
it's a 1995 m900, has 10k miles on it and I picked it up for $2500, pretty good deal I think haha
Bike has:
FCR 41mm carbs
Ferracci High mount Exhaust
15F/40R gearing
Yoyodyne slave cyl
Racetech rear spring
CF timing covers
CF front sprocket cover
CF shorty rear fender

post #85608 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 11:43 AM
L_Twin_FTW

1. Tom
2. M796 20th AE 122/200
3. Eastern New Mexico
4. Camaraderie of other like minded Monster tamers, tips tricks and reviews of modifications I want to make in the future. Also to show off my bike and to ogle other bikes, can you ever really get enough?
5. I have been riding off and on for coming up on 16yrs now. Started out on the dirt and then graduated to street riding. I've been in the USAF now for a little over 7yrs now. Other than that, ummm. riding is my happy place!

post #85609 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Twin_FTW View Post
I have been riding off and on for coming up on 16yrs now. Started out on the dirt and then graduated to street riding. I've been in the USAF now for a little over 7yrs now. Other than that, ummm. riding is my happy place!
woo another AF guy. im coming up on year 5, as a reservist but ive been part of the ART program for 4 of those years. So im still here every day lol
post #85610 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 12:38 AM

Garage
Hola, I'm Gunner. I just picked up a 97 750. I'm here to learn tips and tricks for maintenance and mods. I'm gonna turn this one into a cafe. I live in Honolulu, Hawaii. I like tits and beer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode