*** Please introduce yourself *** - Page 8533 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
View Poll Results: Do "Nice-Guys" *really* finish last?
I'm a guy; Yes they do. 148 49.33%
I'm a guy; No they don't. 119 39.67%
I'm a gal; Yes they do. 5 1.67%
I'm a gal; No they don't. 23 7.67%
O.M.G.O. 5 1.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

9Likes

post #85321 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:05 PM

Re: Ducati 999 or 998

ok you guys are making it harder for me. I had a 916 for a short period of time few years back but decided to sell it because I did not have time to ride it on the track and did not enjoy it much ridding on the street. The 916 was my favorite superbike at the first sight but I want a little more modern for my track use hence I was thinking either 999 or 998 (2003 up). Good suggestion of the 749, that's probably a good choice for my purpose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #85322 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:23 PM

Re: The official DML stay in touch thread.

Though I am no longer a Mod I haven't left the DML entirely, but just in case:

[email protected]

post #85323 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:32 PM

das a smart wombat

It's better to look like a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
post #85324 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:40 PM

oh good grief the DML isn't shutting down. our friendly mods will still post up. they'll just be more colloquial than before.
post #85325 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:43 PM

This Really Sucks

First I want to thank all the Ex-mods, you were all very helpful and thank you for all the advice.

IMO I bought a monster last August and quickly found the DML. It has been the site to find all the info I needed to do what ever I wanted to my bike. If I wanted to do it someone else had thought of it or done it. I had no problem with the MODs, and kind of enjoyed the civilized community that was the DML. I liked being able to get on the site and not having worry about the extra pointless crap that people post for no reason. I got on some of the other suggested websites and quickly found that they were no where near the quality of what the DML has been. Reading F-this and F-that and never getting to the point just doesn't seem to help the community or the user what so ever. And it seems like in one day the DML has degenerated into those other websites. I guess you'd call me a Conservative. I don't know if I'm alone but I'm gonna miss the DML for those very reasons. And I'm not 65 I'm 23. IMO

Just wondering with all the MODs gone who was going to start constructing the Golden Calf

I know that I am gonna get picked apart but this is just my opinion.
post #85326 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:48 PM

Re: I resign...

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy

Hey hey HEY! This is supposed to me no Monster content and gah-yer hideous mang! Where's a mod when I need one?
Though I resigned I still have Mod stars. I could remove it. NOT!

post #85327 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 12:20 AM

Re: I resign...

So it's pretty much anarchy in here now huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZ_
He-Man Says:
post #85328 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 02:18 AM

Re: This is a test...this is only a test

F' it!!! Unlock the RMMHA already.

[img width=250 height=50]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/hundredpercentkill/Motorcycles/ducatiwing.gif[/img]118db<br />http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendID =133549027
post #85329 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 AM

Jesus Christ, What a carry on!

Look I respect what the Mods have done and the time, work and effort during the time that the Forum was privately owned, And I can understand why the Mods are stepping down, now that VS has taken over and they are a company earning a profit from the DML, If VS want's the Mods to stay then VS should throw some of the profit there way, or at the very least listened and respected to what the Mods had to say about the board and it's members.

But by the way that people are carrying on you'd swear the the Forum was closing down and was going to be wiped in a matter of hours!!

The DML will still be here! The board is more than a few Mods that have decided to step down from Modding duties (and I mean that with no disrespect)
Some will stay and some will go, but that happens on any board, I would hate to suggest this, but if some of them go and create there own board, it may get big and successful like the DML, and then somebody will come knocking at there door with Cash in hand to buy it out, and then the cycle (No pun intended) starts again.

I think this is a great Board, with a great bunch of people, members, Mods (past and present) with some superb information and some really smart people as members.

OK, so VS is going to change the look and the layout and put some Ad's up, but if things kept growing and building like I have seen in the short time I have been posting and reading the DML, Wouldn't have the original owners have considered the same thing? Gotta pay the bills somehow.

Look, I don't support VS and I wish things had stayed the way they were, but change would have happened, in some way or another regardless of if Jeff/Micheal/Whoever owned it or VS, change is like death and taxes, it will get you at some stage!

Want to stop the adds on the new look site then put ad blocker on within firefox or subscribe to the board to get rid of the Ads.

But let's all just calm down a little, step back and take a deep breath.

Please note: I again want to state, I mean this as no disrespect to anyone! To The Mods, owners, members past, future or present, I'm not taking a swipe at people who want to leave, If you want to leave that's your business.
I'm just calling for calm.

And yes I have seen what they (VS) have done to other boards, but looking at the Prototype posted elsewhere It doesn't appear to bad, just look at some of the other gaudy looking sites they run, I can only assume they must have listened to some of you in the design and colours of the new site. (I thought it was going to be much worse!!)

Steps down from soap box now...

post #85330 of 85634 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 07:27 AM

I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure this extends to all ex Mods:

Money is not an issue. None of us ever asked for compensation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode