*** Please introduce yourself *** - Page 7672 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
View Poll Results: Do "Nice-Guys" *really* finish last?
I'm a guy; Yes they do. 148 49.33%
I'm a guy; No they don't. 119 39.67%
I'm a gal; Yes they do. 5 1.67%
I'm a gal; No they don't. 23 7.67%
O.M.G.O. 5 1.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

9Likes

post #76711 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:21 PM

Re: Mazdaspeed 3

I've got just a regular 3.
I can only imagine how much fun my car would be with 100+ more hp and stickier tires.
Can't see how you could go wrong with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #76712 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:25 PM

Re: teh (new) official im drunk thread

I just assumed it was a proper drunk post...

Ash=burro envy!<br /><br />mods-no reflectors, &quot;distressed&quot; frame slider, and bubbly paint.&nbsp; HAWT!!!
post #76713 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:26 PM

Re: Great chases on you tube

Quote:
Yeah that dude has some Skillz. I remember watching that one a while back.

The first few video's were lame. Look Ma... I can go really fast in a straight line and flip cops off... So cool
post #76714 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:26 PM

Re: urgent: need an SV expert's opinion!

WDB: I've followed your reconstruction a little, and I applaud your skills Unfortunately, you've got me beat on space, time and knowledge for taking a mess like this and gettin it repaired. I think I'm gonna take daryl/spidey's advice and pass this one.

Spidey: I know, and agree. I'm just frustrated because I decided to start looking at the worst time and it seems that everyone severely overvalues their bikes at this time of year. I'd like to get on track for around 3, but it seems most of the bikes on Wera are running 5-7. There is a nice zxr w/ assload of spares and even a zuma pitbike for 5500 but it's all the way in NC. Did i mention patience is not my best virtue

Since you brought up the 250s, this is probably a loaded question but: do you think it might be in my best interest to get one for a track bike? I know the lower speed will help get me more comfortable with really wringing it out and working on my form and technique, but I worry that at my size (260) I might just plain be too big and/or have a hard time finding susp parts for me. This goes against what you just said above but Mags has been eyeing one to get her confidence up before riding the 800 on the street, maybe I could just grab her one of the new ones for that purpose and then turn it into a track bike when she's done...
post #76715 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTabo
If them dang cops woould stop bumping me it sure would be a lot easier to get away.
post #76716 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 PM

Re: Ebay Transaction not going well

Hi Folks,

I have filed a dispute to reverse the credit card charges of $1000.00 back and closed the CC account from any future charges.

The guys mentality is just flush the sand out: we know-it more involved-probably have to split the cases and start from scratch to rid the engine entirely of sand-I totally agree with this statement by Kui.

"Tell him a restoration makes a bike rideable. He didnt do a restore job, becasue that includes fushing fluids. Sand is not something you just flush out, you have to open everything, clean everything, dry it, clean it again, until every grain is out."

Thanks to all who responded for your friendly advice.
post #76717 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:42 PM

Re: is that a tattoo

It could be ring worm.
post #76718 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweey
No 3. The BMW breaks down? the just re-ran the same scene from earlier when the kid slammed on his brakes!
I thought the same thing. I sometimes question that police videos show. I remember a few years ago they showed a chase from Texas in which they catch the guy, but I had remembered watching the chase on TV and they didn't stop the guy

I wouldn't be suprised if the kid actually got away in real life.

I like how he faked out the cop and the guy lost it. I mean I can laugh since no one got hurt
post #76719 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:47 PM

Re: fuck. this. week.

thanks everyone for keeping me entertained all weekend. I'm so happy to be home. And is lame as it is, I never really appreciated having 900 channels until now. An entire weekend sick without any crappy movies to watch is awful.

post #76720 of 85634 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:47 PM

Re: urgent: need an SV expert's opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqweak
Since you brought up the 250s, this is probably a loaded question but: do you think it might be in my best interest to get one for a track bike? I know the lower speed will help get me more comfortable with really wringing it out and working on my form and technique, but I worry that at my size (260) I might just plain be too big and/or have a hard time finding susp parts for me. This goes against what you just said above but Mags has been eyeing one to get her confidence up before riding the 800 on the street, maybe I could just grab her one of the new ones for that purpose and then turn it into a track bike when she's done...
No. While it might be interesting to get one of the '08 bikes with the new frame and better suspension and wheels, the older ones aren't worth it. They're fun to ride and they make you grin like an idiot, but they're just too gutless, too suspension-less, too frame-less to be worthwhile. And for trackdays, they quickly get frustrating when dealing with shittier riders on GSXR 1000s and the like. And unless you get one with modified wheels, you're limited to shitty 16" rubber. Not ideal.

I'd stay away from a super-pimped bike. Get one with less stuff (you don't need any motor work for a trackbike), but fewer miles. I'd spend extra for one with good suspension, but high comps, headwork, thin gaskets, etc, just aint worth it for a trackbike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode