Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/)
-   No Monster Content (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/no-monster-content/)
-   -   Anyone been to Dubai? (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/no-monster-content/173694-anyone-been-dubai.html)

Red Baron 11-29-2007 10:40 PM

Anyone been to Dubai?

Got an offer to go there for work.

Not sure about a blonde haired blue eyed guy being over there right now is the best idea. :-\

Thoughts?

AZ_FNDuc 11-29-2007 10:50 PM

Re: Anyone been to Dubai?

GO!!

I have been researching it for some time. I believe SlowPoke was too?

It's the fastest growing place in the world. I believe the est. was more than 70% of the worlds cranes are there building.

You can make some great money!

ducpainter 11-29-2007 10:54 PM

For your current employer?

Same product line?

Le Pirate 11-29-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Baron

Not sure about a blonde haired blue eyed guy being over there right now is the best idea. :-\

Thoughts?

i think you'll find that people in Dubai are more accepting of the western culture than some of the other places in the middle east.

i say go for it. i would if i got the opportunity.

warhummer 11-29-2007 11:54 PM

Four words...Gulf Air Flight Attendants...I was there in 2000-2001 and the city has pretty much doubled since then. It's a very unique cultural mix that you'll find very accommodating. One of the few places you can walk from store to store with literally millions of dollars in gold on display and not feel like you're about to get jacked by some punk. The restaurants are outstanding and attract a lot of international talent. Enjoy the tax free benefits and try not to shack up with all the Eurotrash there on holiday. (quite a few British Ex-pats around).

AZ_FNDuc 11-29-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warhummer
Four words...Gulf Air Flight Attendants...I was there in 2000-2001 and the city has pretty much doubled since then. It's a very unique cultural mix that you'll find very accommodating. One of the few places you can walk from store to store with literally millions of dollars in gold on display and not feel like you're about to get jacked by some punk. The restaurants are outstanding and attract a lot of international talent. Enjoy the tax free benefits and try not to shack up with all the Eurotrash there on holiday. (quite a few British Ex-pats around).

Thanks for the info! [thumbsup]

Dubai is still in the back of my mind.

bobspapa 11-30-2007 12:04 AM

Michael Jackson loves it.

derby 11-30-2007 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Baron

Thoughts?

i have a blond haired, blue-eyed girly friend that lived over there for 4 years. no problems. dubai isn't iraq. ;D

Sgt_H 11-30-2007 12:28 AM

I didn't get to see too much of it, but it's really clean and modern. From the people I've talked to that saw more it sounds like they were treated pretty well. Very few instances of people yelling F U as they drive by and the like. And there is a TON of international investment and tourism going on there so it's probably not out of the ordinary to see blond haired blue eyed white guys.

Grifo 11-30-2007 12:33 AM

A Swiss girl that I know, who graduated from Notre Dame got a job there. She's blond, green eyes. She's loving it overthere making way more money that she would had in the US.