Greetings from Wisconsin - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Greetings from Wisconsin

In 1998, when I was 19, I went to Italy for a couple of years. I immediately fell in love with the visual and auditory aesthetics of the Monster. One day at an expo in the town square where I lived, I got the chance to sit on a brand new 2000 Monster 900cc and it felt right too.

Fast forward a few years and I was in grad school in Virginia and looking to get a bike again. (I had a pos in college for a little while.) I was looking for something cheap that my dad and I could work on. Instead, he found a 2000 Monster 900Ö how could I say no when I had a real opportunity to purchase my dream bike? It took all the money I made by teaching that summer to purchase it and it still needed some help in order to get it titled (salvage).

Because life happens Ė marriage, kids, more grad school, move to midwest, no garage, etc. Ė I didnít ride it much in the past 10 years. Most of the time it sat in my parents garage back in VA. But I got back on it with some commuting and some joy rides this summer. Thankfully. Finally. I hadnít realized how much I missed it. Even if I donít even get past 35mph on a commute, it puts a smile on my face.

I could say that Iíve ridden for years, starting with a dirt bike as a kid, but my experience has been spread very thin. I still consider myself a noob rider in many respects. Same goes for mechanical expertise. Iím starting to learn a little bit as I fix things on my bike and on the little 50cc dirt bike I got for my kids.

So Iím ďthat guyÖĒ that isnít as well-versed in maintenance as heíd like to be and that doesnít ride as much as heíd like to and that canít afford upgrades or to fix some of the warts on his bike. But I ride a Monster. Iím hoping to find a community here that can help answer questions without the scorn I would get from the lifers at the local shop.

I was reading some old Peter Egan articles this morning about riding through Wisconsin. Itís a beautiful day. Not a good day to be sitting at my deskÖ itching to get out on the back roads in the countryside.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 01:35 PM

Welcome...Wisconsin is beautiful & that's a beautiful Duc-Go out and ride before the snow flies up there!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 04:46 PM

Welcome from Milwaukee! Better get riding, won't be long until you know what...

2006 999s mono
2012 848 EVO
2001 M900Sie
2000 M750 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 07:49 PM

Welcome from Chicago!

2013 Monster 696 20th AE
Darmah Art Kit
CRG Hindsight LS bar-ends/RhinoMoto bar end sliders
Shogun frame sliders, R&G front/rear axle sliders
Evotech Tail Tidy, Motodynamic integrated tail light
Two Brothers Racing Silver Series slip-ons, Termignoni air filter w/Ducati Performance airbox lid.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer View Post
Welcome from Milwaukee! Better get riding, won't be long until you know what...
Can't believe how fast summer has gone by. You're right... gotta get some miles in.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the welcome. Much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode