2015 Ducati Monster 1200 - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes

post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster4Lee View Post
I guess they would carry insurance and you would be the lein holder. Probably consult a lawyer. Seems to me the kind of thing someone with extra money might do. But, there are probably easier and safer ways to invest your dough.
Yeah that is the thing...someone with extra money would probably just trade it into dealer for low $ just to get rid of it lol thank you for your input though, interesting that there are probably people out there that do that!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsunole33 View Post
Yeah that is the thing...someone with extra money would probably just trade it into dealer for low $ just to get rid of it lol thank you for your input though, interesting that there are probably people out there that do that!!!
I don't know about bikes, but there are def people out there that do private financing or seller financing for Real Estate. Same idea as your bank loaning you money to buy something. They want to be covered in case if blows up or you flake somehow.
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster4Lee View Post
I don't know about bikes, but there are def people out there that do private financing or seller financing for Real Estate. Same idea as your bank loaning you money to buy something. They want to be covered in case if blows up or you flake somehow.
No doubt haha!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 10:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsunole33 View Post
Any advice on trying to sell this thing? Can't believe how difficult it is to sell...gorgeous bike, tough market.
The high cost of new bikes, and exactly the wrong time of year as the traditional riding season closes and people want to sell mean there's some insane low deals..

Fast sales need very low prices, and that sucks for the owners.

Last year we saw Ducati S2R's on sale for under 4 grand at times.. It kind of isn't right, but a market is what it is.

If you can somehow be patient you'll get a reasonable offer, but it sounds like you're in a rush.

Good luck!
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by breaddrink View Post
The high cost of new bikes, and exactly the wrong time of year as the traditional riding season closes and people want to sell mean there's some insane low deals..

Fast sales need very low prices, and that sucks for the owners.

Last year we saw Ducati S2R's on sale for under 4 grand at times.. It kind of isn't right, but a market is what it is.

If you can somehow be patient you'll get a reasonable offer, but it sounds like you're in a rush.

Good luck!
I appreciate the input! The only bad thing is I have had the bike for sale since March/April of this year, so as far as the season goes I am just not sure what the best time of year is at this point. Normally I would agree if there were 100's of these on the market and people were selling them for super cheap, but I think the biggest factor is a small market for this bike in general. It is an AWESOME bike- I wouldn't have even considered it if I didn't test ride one. Then once I did I ended up needing to buy at a dealer because I couldn't find a single used 1200 locally here in Arizona- literally not one in the entire state private party.

I can't believe I haven't had any interest at all. I am not particularly in a rush, however the bike has sat for nearly 2 months now without being ridden. My hope is now that cooler weather is around the corner in Arizona people will open their wallets up a bit. If not, I may just have to keep her.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 06:37 PM

Garage
Right, you're dealing with a problem I don't see here in Washington.
There's very distinct seasons. Believe it or not, even Seattle has very dry summer months where the bikers all pour out into the streets .
It just ended. The rain is started to push in again, and the dry months are over.. That's when it triggers the people who were on the edge of selling. Those who don't want to store their bikes for the winter or just need money.

I guess you don't really have that at all there?
Is there any down time, riding wise, or is it more from it being too hot?

When I bought my bike, I knew what I wanted, and so when the sale came up, I practically bit the owners hand off buying it.
You need one of those buyers.. Not just a person looking for a bargain.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Right, you're dealing with a problem I don't see here in Washington.
There's very distinct seasons. Believe it or not, even Seattle has very dry summer months where the bikers all pour out into the streets .
It just ended. The rain is started to push in again, and the dry months are over.. That's when it triggers the people who were on the edge of selling. Those who don't want to store their bikes for the winter or just need money.

I guess you don't really have that at all there?
Is there any down time, riding wise, or is it more from it being too hot?

When I bought my bike, I knew what I wanted, and so when the sale came up, I practically bit the owners hand off buying it.
You need one of those buyers.. Not just a person looking for a bargain.
Yeaaaah we are super spoiled here in Arizona. People still ride during summertime but it can be too hot at times (115 plus). I would say the best riding season is upon us, cooler temps in the 90's for a while and dry. I have had a few people that said the price is extremely fair but they went another direction. You are right, just need the right person who understands the bike and its worth and it will definitely sell. Sorry riding season is over for you my friend!!!
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 11:27 AM

Garage
"Sorry riding season is over for you my friend!!!"

Just the dry riding season 🙂

It's not over until it freezes, but people do drive oddly in the rain.

Keep us posted on your sale. (Psst, keep it). Ahem.. but good luck!
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
"Sorry riding season is over for you my friend!!!"

Just the dry riding season 🙂

It's not over until it freezes, but people do drive oddly in the rain.

Keep us posted on your sale. (Psst, keep it). Ahem.. but good luck!
Hahaha man, I got caught in a Monsoon a month or two ago...I am from Florida so I was used to the rain but it's been a while since I was last caught and I got CRUSHEDDDD!

I am so tempted to keep it, such a sweet bike. I just don't ride far enough or often enough to really use that much bike. I would rather have more $$ in my pocket for my car
breaddrink likes this.
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

bump bump bump bump bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode