FS: 2011 Black M796 ABS in VA - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

FS: 2011 Black M796 ABS in VA

Purchased this bike from another forum member back in April. Only selling because it's a shame to just have this thing sitting in the garage for the next three years. I moved since the purchase from south GA where I had a lovely and fun 15 mile commute on rolling country highways, up to Hampton VA where I live on base only a 4 min walk away from my office. So someone else should enjoy this bike while I can't, and I'll just get back into the market for another Monster in 2-3 years when I live somewhere where I'm actually going to ride.

Here's the details, copied and pasted from the Oilsooner's ad back in April:

Matte black with the red trellis frame. 3700 miles. Has ABS.

Aftermarket upgrades:
Speedymoto front and rear axle sliders, frame sliders
Bazzaz fuel controller
K&N high flow air filter
Competition Werks fender eliminator
LED blinkers
Vance and Hines CS One Exhaust
CNG Bar Riser
G2 Throttle Tamer
14T front sprocket
Vstream full windshield, smoked

I have changed nothing on the bike since buying in April, and as you can see from comparing the ads, I have only put 600 miles on it since. I had the bike inspected here in Yorktown, VA at Redline Motorsports, which is a pretty well-known Ducati dealer. The inspection only found that there was some air in the rear brake line, which they bled down. Otherwise, the bike is in factory shape, save for the one scrape to the left side of the seat cowl and a chip on the left side of the tank plastics that the previous owner incurred from letting the bike tip over onto the frame sliders.

Everything is current (tags, maintenance..next maintenance due at 7500 mi), and title in hand. Also, all stock parts will be included in the sale. Tires are the original, so 3700 miles on them and still look pretty good.

Not in a rush to sell it by any means, but maybe someone wants to put this in their stable early for the spring riding season.

$8600 OBO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0574_zps8530289f.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	127506   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0577_zps932747f3.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	127514  

Last edited by AFtriathlete; 12-19-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: clarity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Pics of the seat cowl scratches and the 3/4" chip in the tank cover. All scratches are superficial, no cracking to the plastic. Please note that I took the pics to show the least flattering possible view of the scratches with the right lighting to show them very clearly. I think they are not noticeable unless you're really looking for them, however.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seatcowl.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	128106   Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	128114  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Bike no longer has the VStream windscreen. Stock flyscreen put back on. New asking price is $8500. Will post pics of bike without windscreen soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2014, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

I don't log in here but every few days, so hit me up at my personal email, [email protected], to avoid a PM or board reply going unnoticed. Still available, riding season is approaching.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 11:13 AM

That is the exact exhaust I want to get for my 2013 796. How do you like it if you don't mine me asking and did you have to flash the ecu or re-map? Just curious as I've been told you can just put them on and you are ready to go. I don't really care about improved HP, but love the throaty sound that they seem to have. And I think they look much nicer than the Termi's that everybody has. If you don't mine, let me know your thoughts. You can always PM me if you prefer. Sorry. I came across your thread looking into exhausts. I was hoping to find a lightly used set of slipons for like $400ish or so.

Thanks!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 03:43 PM

Thumbs up

I actually have the same question re: the exhaust (but for a 696). Bike looks great.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Long story short, I love the sound. I bought the bike with the exhaust on it and a Bazzaz fuel controller, so I don't know how well it would run without it. No issues with quality or craftsmanship either. Comparing it to stock sound (buddy of mine has a stock 796 Hyper) I would definitely call these cans throaty, they have some nice bass to them. I haven't heard Termis in person on a 796, so I don't know how it compares necessarily, but I know for a fact that the price on these is much more agreeable than Termis.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Bike is no longer for sale. Circumstances changed. I'm psyched!

Last edited by AFtriathlete; 04-23-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Bike no longer for sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode