Aluminum Tank S2R and S4RS Available. - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Aluminum Tank S2R and S4RS Available.

Ducati S2R and S4RS Monster tanks are now available in aluminum.

Formed from 16ga. Aluminum, these tanks are the exact shape of the plastic tanks used on the Ducati S2R and S4RS Monsters. Each particular model is formed to the nomenclature of the original bottom and includes the flange necessary to mount your stock EFI fuel pump. They use your stock cap as well as aftermarket caps. There may be slight rerouting of the external lines. They are a Mill Finish appropriate for painting with standard paint prep.
The fuel cap well is billet aluminum and TIG welded into place as well as all of the seams. The tanks feature billet top hat, blind, threaded fittings in the exact position of the original fittings which secure the bottom frame rail grommets, front cam lock lever however no prop rod bases are installed. The inner lines facilitate the vent and overflow lines necessary in keeping with EPA laws.

As a side note: there is much speculation about the price of the tank however the vast amount of specialized fittings and labor necessary for a direct fit, are the reason these are sold directly to the customer saving retail markup by omitting the middleman.

$1995.00 Plus S&H. Shipping in 6-8 weeks.

We have been fabricating gas tanks and fuel systems for over 15 years, have an impeccable reputation and stand behind our products and warranty these against workmanship deficiency. Many third world and aftermarket companies have attempted building these with negative results.

These tanks are custom hand made to high exacting specifications and are not cancel-able or refundable under any circumstances. Our Warranty insures quality craftsmanship and freedom from defects.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monster sideAvatar copy.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	208530  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 08:24 PM

Any thought on making a polished unit ?

07 S4RS, 96 900 SS, 06 Busa, 77 Bonny, 00 Superglide, 78 SR500, 85 Sportster
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc96cr View Post
Any thought on making a polished unit ?
no we will not be offering these tanks polished nor do we recommend polishing or sanding them in any way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 08:49 AM

Why would you do that ? My point is i think theyd be easier to sell at that price point with the bling factor of polished alloy. If I buy one and paint it I have $2000 plus paint job and nobody can see it. I would have to compare that to the aggravation of looking for ethanol free fuel. If the tank is polished alloy it changes the bikes appearance and makes me consider the purchase for two reasons, bling factor and practicality. I dont see anyone else offering alloy tanks with no polished option .

07 S4RS, 96 900 SS, 06 Busa, 77 Bonny, 00 Superglide, 78 SR500, 85 Sportster
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 07:34 AM

Duc96cr................I've been doing Metal Polishing for the last 25 years. Impeccable work, as I'm the only guy in the shop, it ain't done until I'm happy.
Is it cool for my to plug my gig on here Or, do you PM me

Ride On!

Chris
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

New Manufacturing details!

Details on the new tanks!

Fabricated with 16ga. Aluminum, these tanks are the exact shape of the plastic tanks used on the Ducati S2R and S4RS Monsters. Each particular model is formed to the nomenclature of the original top outer and includes the CNC machines flange necessary to mount your stock EFI fuel pump. They use the stock or aftermarket caps. There may be slight rerouting of the external lines. Mill Finish appropriate for painting with standard paint prep.

The fuel cap well is billet aluminum. All seams electrically welded by aerospace qualified personnel. The tanks feature several cast panels employing tapped lugs to accept stock hardware (front cam-lock latch, lower grommet mounts) however no prop rod bases are installed. The inner lines facilitate the vent and overflow lines necessary in keeping with EPA guidelines.

As a side note: THESE ARE HIGH QUALITY HIGHLY ENGINEERED TANKS WORTHY OF THE DUCATI MARQUE. There has been speculation about the price of the tank however the vast amount of specialized cast and machined fittings and labor necessary for a direct fit, are the reason these are sold directly to the customer saving retail markup by omitting the middleman.
The parts are precisely cut with CNC plasma, insuring accuracy and repeatability making sure the tank is symmetric and clearance is correct from one tank to the next.
Our CNC department machines each fuel pump flange and billet fuel cap well accuracy is .01 thousandth inch insuring the stock aircraft cap matches the top level of the tank with minimal space around the cap. These are details not attainable with hand fabricated parts.
The outer tank skin is accurately matched up to a form literally lifted from the original tank nomenclature.
Rounding up the tank integrity are aluminum components with cast-in tapped lugs for the cam-lock front mount and lower side grommets.
The rear lug mount is also a single piece cast part. All above parts are done in house and there are no imported components used. I have been fabricating these for over 4 years and they have gone through numerous design improvements. These may be for sale somewhere else in the universe however this is the only known place on earth to get them...

DELIVERY 6-8 WEEKS depending on production schedule Mill Aluminum finish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode