Fuel Tanks - are they specific to each bike? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Fuel Tanks - are they specific to each bike?

I have a 2003 Monster 1000ie Dark which is hard to find parts for...

Need to replace the fuel tank, but wondering if anyone knows whether tanks from Monsters of a similar age/model/size etc would also fit, or if I need to find an exact match. Also, are there aftermarket non-Ducati options?

I'm based in Australia so probably tricky to purchase from US/Europe. I have enquiries out with a number of local wreckers already, so just exploring other options.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:05 PM

I'm not sure if it is this forum or another but there is a thread specifically about tank interchangeability. Quickly though IIRC all carby tanks interchange with each other, 2000-2002 IE models interchange, and 2003 and up interchange including the SR Monsters. I'm pretty sure that the tanks will work retroactively so a 2000 MxxxIE will work on an earlier carbureted model but that same tank won't work on a 2003 and up model. If you find any 2003 and up tank you should be fine.

2001 M900Sie - Mine
2006 Buell Blast - Wife
1971 Yamaha R5-350 - Work in Progress
1971 R5 #2 patiently waiting in the shed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode