anone in the lethbridge area - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

anone in the lethbridge area

any one in the lethbridge area? looking for someone local that would be willing to show me how to maintain my bike without having to go to calgary. just picked up a 2009 696
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 08:40 AM

Have been in Lethbridge since 2010 (don't come on here much) Had a 2009 696 now have a 20th Anniversary 1100 Evo on order due this month. I do all the basic maintenance. The valve adjustments I would leave to someone that has done it a few times. Tim at Sideline (Harley shop) is a fantastic mechanic, he will do things like tires belts etc and anything else if you provide the shop manual.

George's Ride for the Jack Ady Cancer Centre - Ride your bike, raise some money for for a good cause!

Last edited by tcam33; 05-19-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: to early for typing
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcam33 View Post
Have been in Lethbridge since 2010 (don't come on here much) Had a 2009 696 now have a 20th Anniversary 1100 Evo on order due this month. I do all the basic maintenance. The valve adjustments I would leave to someone that has done it a few times. Tim at Sideline (Harley shop) is a fantastic mechanic, he will do things like tires belts etc and anything else if you provide the shop manual.
1100 evo! what color did you get? hopefully il see you out and about this summer. I ride a all black 696 with an alpinestar jacket, If you ever see my say hi. I just tackled my belts, it was much easier than I thought... Although one of the timing tensioner belts was stripped before I got to it and I almost didnt get it out. I am waiting on that screw then I can ride. Are you on any local forums? I am trying to get involved in the local biking community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 10:21 PM

The 20th anniversary model is red with gold accents and a bronze trellis. See it here http://www.monster.ducati.com/en I loved my 696 but had to have the 1100 evo when I saw it at the bike show in Calgary. I didn't know there were any local forums The new bike is supposed to be here by the end of May but I have little faith in Argyle Motorsports, they seem incapable of telling the truth.

George's Ride for the Jack Ady Cancer Centre - Ride your bike, raise some money for for a good cause!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

awesome,! I love that look. When you did your timing belts how did yo tension them? did you tune them to the correct hz? or use the 5mm method? I just changed my belts and used the 5mm method but when I tune them I get around 60hz....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 05:39 PM

Hadn't done my belts yet the 696 only had 8000km on it. Much debate on the way to do it. My father has a frequency meter (why, I don't know, part of a fancy oscilloscope) so that would be the way I would do it. I have read that a lot of the guys were were getting variable results with the 5mm (I thought it was 6mm ) I've done belts on cars before and never considered it. Just let the tensioner do the work (I guess they were all spring tension units though) I'm going to keep this bike for a while so I might invest in a Hz meter (or just steal my dads )

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 09:40 PM

reviving a more than likely dead post.. but any ducatistas still in Lethbridge? lets ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode