Licence plate with Atomic Stealth Chop - Ontario - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Licence plate with Atomic Stealth Chop - Ontario

Hi folks,

I'm looking at my 1st mod, the obvious tail chop. I've seen some posts on concerns with licence plate visibility and the cops. I read the HTA; if it's visible and lit it's legal, the one catch is that it has to be visible to redlight and toll road cameras.

So here's the thing - I'm looking at the Atomic stealth chop which puts the plate under the seat in front of the rear wheel (like this month featured bike). Has anyone in Ontario done this mod, and any trouble with the cops? I love the look but prefer to avoid fines, so any input, including from police members would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:23 AM

Dr B,

I've used an Evotech Fender Eliminator on my 796 and haven't run into any trouble with Ottawa police. I haven't run any redlights (with cameras), so I can't say anything for certain in that regard.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastness View Post
Dr B,

I've used an Evotech Fender Eliminator on my 796 and haven't run into any trouble with Ottawa police. I haven't run any redlights (with cameras), so I can't say anything for certain in that regard.
Or maybe you did, hahaha................. They just didn't know who to bill for it.

09 Aprilia RS125 plated< NEW info> Now a 144 and back on the road!
06 Paul Smart Sport Classic NFS ever.
08 S4RS Tricolore #081 NFS ever.
The pink Monster has moved away.
97 900SS CR
72 Norton Commando 750
03 KX60 with S4R rear shock,Honda CB350F, Hodaka Ace90, 3x Yam-YGS1, Yam-CS3 200, Vespa small frame, Gilera 106, Puch Sabre, Puch 50 Boy Racer, Benelli 250, Benelli 360, Honda CB350T, and many more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Site Sponsor

Dr B.

There are quite a few bikes with the "Stealth" kit in Canada. I have not heard of any of them getting harassed or in trouble for it. Of course if you run the red light doing a wheelie there is no way they will see you

Ty
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 11:56 AM

I would love to have something, not that I ride recklessly, but photo radar tickets are ridiculous!! I see people doing stupid things(running lights etc) and there are no cops to see it, then I get home and there is photo ticket for doing 9km over the speed limit!! LOL biter? Yes!

There are no extraordinary men, just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.

Early 2011 Showa Forks 796 Red Monster(sans ABS)
15/41 gearing.
2006 GSXR 600 track bike.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc796canada View Post
I would love to have something, not that I ride recklessly, but photo radar tickets are ridiculous!! I see people doing stupid things(running lights etc) and there are no cops to see it, then I get home and there is photo ticket for doing 9km over the speed limit!! LOL biter? Yes!
This looks pretty cool to solve that problem: http://www.ghostplate.com/

My pain is caused by my pleasure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode