Ducati owners in Vietnam? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Mik

Garage
Ducati owners in Vietnam?

Any english speaking Ducati owners in Saigon on here?

M795.LSL X01 carbon wrapped bar,Scotts 796 bar clamps+Steering dampener,Brembo RCS Brake,Clutch levers,Ilmberger carbon fiber front,rear fenders,cam covers,monoposto,tank center,Custom red/black carbon tank skins,instrument cluster cover,oilcooler shroud,sprocket cover,14/41T Driven sprockets,Bazzaz Zfi,ExBox exhaust,Ducabike rear sets,Clear clutch cover,Pressure plate,spring retainer,slave cyl,AEM triple tree, STM adj forks,rear combi brake light and tail chopped.Thought I finished but no
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 01:39 AM

I knew a guy in HonKong, but not Vietnam, is it helpful?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 08:48 AM

Hello Mik, I lived in Vietnam for 8 years, the last 3 in Saigon.
I now live in Phnom Penh.
Are you looking for "kindred souls" with 795's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Mik

Garage
Not really looking for "kindred souls" as there's plenty of Duc owners in Saigon. I was interested in asking owners where to buy their parts but I've worked that out on my own.

M795.LSL X01 carbon wrapped bar,Scotts 796 bar clamps+Steering dampener,Brembo RCS Brake,Clutch levers,Ilmberger carbon fiber front,rear fenders,cam covers,monoposto,tank center,Custom red/black carbon tank skins,instrument cluster cover,oilcooler shroud,sprocket cover,14/41T Driven sprockets,Bazzaz Zfi,ExBox exhaust,Ducabike rear sets,Clear clutch cover,Pressure plate,spring retainer,slave cyl,AEM triple tree, STM adj forks,rear combi brake light and tail chopped.Thought I finished but no
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 11:14 AM

Hi Mik.

I have just bought a 2015 registered 795. I am interested to change to 14T/41T Driven Sprockets. Does this combi really help with the low speed riding in HCMC? Where did you get your 14T/41T sprockets? I am also interested in changing to a Ducabike Clear Clutch cover + Pressure Plate and spring retainer. Any problem with this install? Where did you get the cover?

One last mod that I am interested in is to change my console to a Koso RX2. Your advice or thoughts on this mod? I have tried to google if there are any issues in not retaining the original console. But could not find anything on the web.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Norm
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Mik

Garage
hey mate, I shot u a PM but anyway here's the jist of it for those playing at home.
The 14/41t swap is fantastic, especially with an exhaust I am able to keep the RPM over 3k and even 4k at times, where its nice to ride. Do the sprocket swap as its really beneficial in high traffic like what we ride in. The rear swap is upto you if you want. The sprockets are a 525, I also got a new gold DID chain to go with it. Got the lot installed at Mr Dang Khoa Motivation in Binh Thanh near Go Vap and about 10min's from the airport.

The clear clutch cover is fantastic. Very nice bit of eye candy. Make sure to get the pressure plate and clutch spring retainers in whatever colors you want (black, red, gold) Hardest decision is what color to get the cover. I got the aluminium with red outer ring, gold pp and red spring retainers. This is a simple DIY swap, Just have to pop out a bearing from the factory pressure plate and seat it in the new one, If you have done a few km's then you can order a new bearing and use that. There's some for sale via a forum sponsor so maybe look into that, Also on facebook there's a member selling theirs, Not sure if its new or used.

The Koso clusters are sexy mate, However because of the inbuilt security features the key/ecu/instrument cluster are all 1 unit and failure in 1 will result in a bike that has to get started via a workaround.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141004_111147.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	188089   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151130_113843.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	188097  

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 02:29 AM

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but i'd like to ask something.

Is it possible to rent ducatis in Vietnam? Heading there on a vacation in a about a month. Will be going around Da Nang, Hue, and Hoi An for about a week or thereabouts. I'm definitely going to rent a bike, would like if it were a ducati, is all.

Would appreciate any information. Please PM me with any information you might have. I do not want to annoy the OP with responses other than what he might be looking for.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Mik

Garage
There are no big bike rentals in VN, Unless you know someone who has a spare bike, Then there is the licensing problem. Until recently the big bike lic was very restrictive and only available to military, police, govt workers and the elite class. Now there is talk of accepting international lic but a lic from a ASEAN country is supposed to be accepted (though its upto the ignorance or discresion of the cop) The roads are dangerous, trucks, busses have regular crashes and motobikes get involved and generally they lose.
If you want to do a ride get what the locals ride, VN is still a very under developed country once you get out of the city and hit back roads, You want a bike that the "mechanics" can fix. Perhaps PM Ducavina or Ducavina can add his opinion.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 09:24 AM

I am from BD can I help you here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode