Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Interested in Monster 821 stealth

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  psquare 
#1 ·
I went to the dealer today and looked at the monster 821 stealth I figured I would go with the stealth since they have the small front windshield and the Ducati quick shift and other few other small updates.

I was wondering if any of you bought one and how much did you pay. I was not to aggressive because I just wanted to get an idea. He was also giving me the NRC fender eliminator kit with the front turning signal.

The MSRP is 14295$ and the deal I was looking at was 3.99% / 60m. I think tax and delivery 325$ month from memory. Is this good or can I go harder? He also wanted me to get the extended warranty which extends the bikes original warranty by 4 years so a total of 6 years warranty is this something I should take with this kind of bike or useless. This is in Canadian dollars since I’m in Canada (Montreal).

Thanks

#2 ·
I paid sticker back in 2014...I'd pass on the extended warranty...but that's me...If something is going to break it will happen in the first two years anyway...and there's always the fear that if they don't cover it, your on the hook for the quote...now with eBay flooded with used parts it's a lot cheaper to maintain.... however; if your going to spend the afternoon above 10k RPM for weeks on end your going to want them to do the valve service...that way when you burn up the valves they will cover it...other than that it's really easy to work on...your going to love it....vroom vroom

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#3 ·
How much more $$ is the 4yr added warranty? And how long to you expect to keep the bike? It seems to me selling a bike with at least a little bit of warranty left would be a big draw for potential buyers. But if the cost is excessive (my guess it is), then no.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.