National Cycle VStream Wind Screen - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pilot048

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

National Cycle VStream Wind Screen

Has anyone tried the National Cycle VStream wind screen? They have a specific model made for the Monster. I have a Monster 696 and ride a lot on the highway, but usually less than 1 hour at a time. I don't have an issue but a larger wind screen would be nice for longer rides. Not sure how much it helps or if it would cause buffeting. They are expensive at $260 but also heavy duty and model specific.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...6967961100sevo

2010 Monster 696, 1981 Yamaha DT175, 1979 Yamaha XT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:09 PM

When I bought my 696 it had this windscreen mounted onto it. Itís a very high quality item in the mounting and finish.

I found it certainly helps with wind compared to a stock 696Ėbikini fairing or not. I took it off bc Iím just too stubborn on how the bike looks to keep it on.

Itís sitting on a shelf in my garage if youíre interested in buying it. Not sure your location for shipping but would love for it to find a good home and will let it go for a reasonable price.

DM if you want to dig in more!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjen View Post
When I bought my 696 it had this windscreen mounted onto it. Itís a very high quality item in the mounting and finish.

I found it certainly helps with wind compared to a stock 696Ėbikini fairing or not. I took it off bc Iím just too stubborn on how the bike looks to keep it on.

Itís sitting on a shelf in my garage if youíre interested in buying it. Not sure your location for shipping but would love for it to find a good home and will let it go for a reasonable price.

That's my isue too, I like the look without the wind screen, but it does come off easily. I'm crazy too with how long I ride here in WI. I'll ride when it's in the 20's sometimes as long as there is no ice. The screen would be good for cold weather. I'll PM you.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjen View Post

Thanks amcjen! I received the windshield today. It works great! For those interested in this screen, it installed easily and fit the bike perfectly. I tested it at highway speeds. It blocks all wind on my torso, up to about the very top of my shoulders. Thanks to the slight V shape, I don't feel much wind buffeting. While riding, my line of sight is over the top of the shield, so I'm not looking through it. If you duck down, you can get your entire head behind the shield and it's very quiet. Should be great for all the expressway riding I do and also for the cold weather months here in WI.

amcjen likes this.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Picture of the bike with shield.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190606_202837.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	220024  

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 09:05 AM

I have the VStream. I'm 6'. It doesn't quite get the air up over my head, so I get some turbulence, especially if I crack the my helmet visor open a little. But the VStream is very well made and looks good on the motorcycle. The Ermax appears to be a roughly the same height but a little wider. That's a definite selling point. But I think the Ermax is also a little thinner and not as well made. That's a negative. The Ermax is also much cheaper. For $100, I may give one a try. If I do I'll followup.

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher

Last edited by slide9595; 07-07-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode