Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

What's your slip on of choice and why?

11K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  jim.b.mcnally 
#1 ·
I'm having a huge problem chosing a slip on for the 2015 821. I'm a fan of the shorty GP style and I love the look of the comp werkes but reviews say it's very very loud. I'm ok with loud but not obnoxiously loud and I don't want to make the ringing ears even worse than they already are (yes I wear earplugs)... I also like the Remus hypercone and the fact that it's fitted close down by the footpeg rather than at the top of the tyre, but they've discontinued it sadly.

So my question is what slip on do you have and what's it like?

#2 ·
I have Mivv slip-ons on one 696 and Termis on the other 696. Neither had dB killers installed and while I loved the tone, I couldn’t stand the volume, and had to wear earplugs.

I since added dB killers to the Mivvs and love love them now. I just ordered killers for the Termis too.

Personally, I like the tone of the Mivvs more, but I like that the carbon fiber Termis don’t get hot. The Mivvs during engine braking when coming up to a stop light puts a smile on my face every time.

#3 ·
I have the Comp Werks.

It is load, not obnoxious Harley loud, but it is much louder than stock. You can also buy the add on baffles, which will take some of the edge off. I rode 550 miles yesterday (road trip to Tail of the Dragon) and when I got home that night my ears weren't ringing, but it felt like there was some "pressure?" I don't wear ear plugs and I do not have baffles.

I absolutely love the exhaust note. It's my favorite out of all our options. I get compliments all the time. "Your bike sounds so angry," is the most common.

I thought about Termi's but honestly if I bought them it would just be for the bling factor. They're heavier, three times the price, and I don't like the note as much as I do the Comp Werks. The upmap would be nice, but I plan on a custom dyno tune before summer anyway.

#10 ·
On this topic, my (very loud) Termis just got some eBay dB Killers and now it sounds fabulous, and I can hear more of the other engine sounds.

Both my bikes didn’t have their killers installed, now they both have them, and both sound waaaaay better. Am I getting old? Too bad, I value my hearing I guess!

Would love to hear some of these other options mentioned here at some point.

#11 · (Edited)
I've Arrow slip-ons on my '13 796... I like them a LOT. Not only did they open the bike up (even without a remap,) but with the easily removable DB killers I can keep the neighbors happy (in) or pull them for road use (out.) I actually modified my DB killers... I cut everything but about the last 1" or so of baffle, it opened them up a bit more without making them obnoxious, and I don't have to necessarily ride with earplugs.

#12 ·
Even when I rode the Tuono's with gudenloud exhausts, the earplugs I wore were for wind noise.
The wind noise will leave ears ringing, and that means hearing damage. Which does not get better. I can't hear you!
Now I have a big box O my fave earplugs and wear them every time. Part of my ATTGATT.

#13 ·
At 53, my hearing has been damaged from plenty of other stuff besides wind noise... gunfire and truck engines being the other 2 culprits. I don't necessarily wear plugs when I'm tooling around town, but once I get on the highway, or if I'll be driving for any length of time... they go in.

#14 ·
I've got termis on my 821and I absolutely hated them at first...cruising at 4k was the flatest loudest most obnoxious tone I ever heard and people pay thousands for this experience...took them off enjoyed the stock can for a few more months and gave them another try...but this time I disconnected the exhaust flap...omg what a difference....before I was actually hearing the flap open and it was probably partial at that rpm ..now it sounds right...baffles in baffles out sounds the same to me on the bike....however my neighbors can tell when they're out...I leave them in or take one out...just to mix it up...you can tell the difference in balance on the bike...9lbs or so hanging off the side is noticeable...but that's what I have...but I love the sound of the MotoGP sc project can...that's the most intimidating sound the monster can make! My neighbors would set fire to my bike if I had one tho

#20 ·
I had the Termignoni slip on (no db killers) installed @ the dealer from the get go. My 1200R has 8k on the clock. I have never heard them in a ride by situation, but from the operator seat, with helmet, I think they sound like it's supposed to. I also have the RAPiDBIKE EVO tuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.