Suggested Maintenance on sitting bike - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By amcjen

Old 02-05-2019, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Suggested Maintenance on sitting bike

Hey Everybody I was able to get my hands on an 09 monster 1100, the bike has been sitting for at least a year, I am going in blind as far as what needs to be changed and how I am going to get this bike started, for starters I was planning to change oil, air filter, spark plugs and obviously battery. Does anybody thing I am missing out something? I thought maybe break fluid was going to be ok with a visual inspection.

Thanks everybody.

Monster Novice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2019, 08:29 AM

Belts at minimum, how many miles?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger22 View Post
Belts at minimum, how many miles?

I wont know until I replace the battery and get the computer on, this will happen some time next week but I also want to drain the gas before doing that because I don't want the fuel pump to prime with really old gas. If and when I get around it, would there be a safe mileage to decide whether to do or not the belts?
Old 02-06-2019, 09:28 AM

Belts are at minimum Every two years.

Last edited by Charger22; 02-06-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger22 View Post
Belts are at min. Ever two years.

Well that is good to know. Ill add it to the list, are the belts really hard to do ?

Monster Novice
Old 02-06-2019, 02:15 PM

If you are interested in doing it yourself and haven’t done it before, I’d suggest you grab this book. It’s super clearly described there—should walk you through it step by step.

Link below—im not affiliated though, just a big fan of the book:

Desmo Times 4th Edition Ducati Desmoquattro Maintenance & Modification Service Guide / Workshop Repair Manual

Charger22 likes this.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:35 PM

Second the book.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you very much for your suggestion, I looked into it and I did not see the 1100 listed as one of the bikes covered, is it still the same procedure as the other models listed?

Monster Novice
Old 02-07-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaescobar View Post
Thank you very much for your suggestion, I looked into it and I did not see the 1100 listed as one of the bikes covered, is it still the same procedure as the other models listed?
Yes just need the 2 valve book.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Good Afternoon guys. It has been awhile but I finally got to the point of getting the belts done. I have already mounted them and all the timing marks aligned perfectly. I used some youtube videos from Cacycleworks as well as the literature from LT Snyder as previously suggested here. Here is my question. what are you guys doing for you tension adjustments? I really don't want to have to get the frequency tool if I can do it a different way. LT Snyder also mentions a 4mm hex on the vertical cylinder and a 1mm feeler gauge for the horizontal cylinder. I would appreciate your input. Sincerely a scared to kill his engine noob.

Monster Novice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in