What's your other bike? - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 43Likes

post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronski View Post
Well, I had to post this.

This guy takes the cake, how about a collection of 30 of the rarest and most exotic Ducati's (and most expensive).

Most are brand new, zero miles and have never even been started, What a waste.

Drool away;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4mWvSN0M6Y
That is a waste, and it's sad to see all those good bikes not getting used for their intended purpose.
It should be a crime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:39 PM

Hugh Hefner reference:
Would you rather have hundreds of babes walking your property, be able to look at them all but never touch any of them, or have one attractive wife who is accessisble to you as an 85 year old?
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 09:48 PM

Garage
Even at a mere 66, couldn't care less about "babes" any more, accessible or not, but I prefer to have a motorcycle I can ride.

2012 Monster 1100 Evo ABS
2009 Yamaha YZF-R1
2008 Monster S4RS Tricolore
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 01:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronski View Post
Well, I had to post this.

This guy takes the cake, how about a collection of 30 of the rarest and most exotic Ducati's (and most expensive).

Most are brand new, zero miles and have never even been started, What a waste.

Drool away;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4mWvSN0M6Y
Great collection. Since he rides and races in addition to collecting, I think we should appreciate that he has captured these bikes to be looked at and admired. T1
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 01:53 AM

Garage
Was this the collection sold off in 2016?

2012 Monster 1100 Evo ABS
2009 Yamaha YZF-R1
2008 Monster S4RS Tricolore
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 08:16 PM

Garage
Every bike I own will always be dirty and enjoyed to the fullest. I'll never have anything "collector worthy"

Other bike at the moment is a 2014 Ford Escape. I'm hoping to get either a Dualsport, Grom or SuperMoto next, something more friendly for winter.

Also it could be anything with two wheels. I'm not picky.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
@jeosbor1
@MotoGirl
An observation that stood-out among many Ducati forums is that many Ducati riders are also avid cyclists. We have a couple of reasonably priced recreational bicycles but I've seen some extremely high end all carbon fiber racing rigs that are worth more than some motorcycles.
That’s a really great observation. I’ve noticed the same thing but didn’t really think about it until your post. It seemed like a natural cross over to me. I've always been a bit bike mad. It all started in the 70's with a red Radio Flyer tricycle. Lol. I started really cycling while living abroad. I bought a used steel touring bike I remember I didn’t so much ride as lumbered in lieu of a car. Then one day a friend let me ride her gorgeous Colnago EPS. There was no coming back from that. Some people meditate; I became an endurance cyclist. I found I had a weakness for Italian bikes—Pinarello, Colnago and De Rosa but my dream bike is a Campag’ed Bianchi. Last year I was given a vintage alum Bianchi TT frame by an old friend who said if he if he didn’t build it when he bought it in 2004, he was never going to build it. Said he’d never met a girl who loved bikes like I did and wanted me to build it. For some women the best gifts are measured in carats. For me, it’s carbon. Lol. But, I did notice, to my surprise, the bicycles I want cost way more than any of the motorcycles.

I don’t find it goes the other way around though. None of my cyclist friends have motorcycles. Last weekend I was talking to someone who’d moved here from Australia. He’d seen some photos I’d posted on FB and had seen my Monster. He started to go on about how he would never ride a motorbike in this country, that it was too dangerous. “I mean an F150 is a powerful bike.” I didn’t say anything but it was funny, sort of cute. I imagined a Ducati F150 would probably be fairly dangerous so he was absolutely right.

I can easily align everything I love about cycling into riding a motorcycle, right down the beauty of Italian design. Open air, open road and going for a long ride. The only difference really is I'm not the engine and there's the part about engaging in an activity deemed too risky and ill-advised for a person of my demographic. Lol.

Then and now..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trike-and-bike(1).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	219266  
philb, DarR, Ductator and 2 others like this.

Last edited by MotoGirl; 01-04-2019 at 01:10 AM.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 05:52 PM

TLS 1000 here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	219304  
Thruxton1 and MotoGirl like this.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 10:56 PM

Garage
Nice bike, always thought it was special.-T1
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 11:00 PM

Garage
Nice choice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode