Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/)
-   General Monster Forum (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/general-monster-forum/)
-   -   Stolen S2R100 in the Seattle area October 22 (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/general-monster-forum/354268-stolen-s2r100-seattle-area-october-22-a.html)

dacquisto 10-27-2018 04:43 PM

Stolen S2R100 in the Seattle area October 22

So sad right now.

If anyone sees my baby... https://www.flickr.com/photos/819168...posted-public/

Bright yellow Olins rear shock, and duo carbon exhaust were a couple of the aftermarket items that make it stand out a bit. Brand new tank, handlebar-end mirrors NO front windshield. (I still have that sitting in my living room to remind me of the pain, I guess.)

jeosbor1 10-27-2018 04:46 PM

Sucks man. Hope something positive happens!

dacquisto 10-27-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeosbor1 (Post 3160612)
Sucks man. Hope something positive happens!

I am doubting it. The cops said that they WOULD find it within a couple days. It has been almost a week - nothing. But thank you.

breaddrink 10-27-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacquisto (Post 3160610)
So sad right now.

If anyone sees this. Same bike as in my Avatar.

Bright yellow Olins rear shock, and duo carbon exhaust were a couple of the aftermarket items that make it stand out a bit. Brand new tank, handlebar-end mirrors NO front windshield. (I still have that sitting in my living room to remind me of the pain, I guess.)

So sorry about that. That is awful.

Just one thing.. I'm seeing a photo of a lady in your avatar on here, and the link doesn't work for me. Says it's expired or I'm not able to view.

No bike.

dacquisto 10-27-2018 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh yeah - my head is a bit cluttered right now. That's me - not the bike - the bike is here (IF THIS WORKS):

AND - I tried to drag and drop a photo....

breaddrink 10-27-2018 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacquisto (Post 3160628)
Oh yeah - my head is a bit cluttered right now. That's me - not the bike - the bike is here (IF THIS WORKS):

AND - I tried to drag and drop a photo....

Ugh, so pretty..
Any locks on it?

Did they just pick it up?

I'm constantly paranoid about leaving mine outside too. I have various theft devices, and I lock the steering, if that means anything.. But ultimately for a bike that weighs 400 pounds, I feel there's only so much you can do.

Rob.

dacquisto 10-27-2018 11:44 PM

Only an immobilization device it came with - they just picked it up. Yeah - it was pretty. :)

Monster4Lee 10-30-2018 08:34 PM

Gone for over a week? If it is found not likely to be in good shape. What a bummer.
Hope insurance does you right, and you can get a new one at least.

breaddrink 11-06-2018 07:24 PM

No word at all, Dacquisto?

Had dinner last night just next to the Ducati dealership on Lake City and thought about you and your bike.

haloguy628z 11-12-2018 02:45 AM

Sorry for your loss. If the S2R was not found after one week there is just a slim chance of recovery. Most likely it has been parted out so you should scour CraigsList and ebay for S2R parts and see if somebody is suddenly selling many S2R parts. Good luck.

Installing Trackimo in the instrument cluster with charging wire to the battery will help your peace of mind. The tracker fits in the instrument pod and Trackimo has world wide 3G and GPS real time tracking. First year is free and then $5 monthly. As soon as the bike move even an inch Trackimo sends email and SMS.