Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

What have you done to your Monster this week?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  alancsalt 
#1 ·
Any performance or appearance changes you've made?

Like I painted my headlight red to see how it would look, only my paintwork isn't brilliant. I like it though, so I'm having another headlight shell done professionally.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Prep is the biggest part of a paint job.
I did a lot of prep work and even primered a car years ago, but ended up selling it in primer.
Did a bike gas tank, 2 small side covers, and I think a fender, back when bikes did not have fairings.
Decided I did not want to do that ever again. Painting the parts in an apartment building dark basement did not help, but was better than working in the alley. If you want a good looking job it is a lot of work.
Stick with small paint jobs on my house now.

#4 ·
On topic, took the Monster for a ride yesterday. Since getting it last November have added a Puig windscreen, SW Motech Alu rack and smallish Givi top case, and some nice aluminum 3 color adjustable foldable Chinese levers. Motowheels axle sliders front and rear, and frame sliders. New tires, new hydraulic fluids, oil change and service, fix check engine light.

Aha! That's where the money went. :laugh

#8 · (Edited)
My radiator had pinhole leaks. Had. A previous owner seems to have fixed them with some kind of epoxy product.
Thought I'd get a new radiator. Was quoted over $2000 for an OEM.
Thought I'd go see my old friend ebay.
Mistaken assumption number one - that an S4R radiator would be the same as an S4RS testastretta radiator. Only $300 with freight though.
Try to fit.
Bottom outlet was positioned differently. Hunted down and caught a right angled hose. Also a straight alloy pipe to replace the stock motor to lower rad outlet pipe.
No holes for fan bolts. Push fins appart by pressing a skinny biro through. Viola! Mounting holes.
Got it nearly all fitted, and discovered the bottom mount didn't reach the bottom radiator bracket.
Fabricated a new bracket.
Refill system.

Dark. Tired. I'll test ride it in the morning.

Checked part numbers for radiators before dinner.
2008 S4RS Tricolore radiator part no. 548.4.070.1A
2006 S4R radiator part no. 548.4. 029.1B
That explains it.

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.