Need a little help from the Ducati Community - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By orionengnr

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

I have a feeling this might not be received well but for those sympathetic to my plight please share this gofundme so that I might be able to get my bike fixed. Long story short I was out of the country for 3 years and have already spent 2.8k on repairs since my bike sat unattended under a cover outside and the dash needs to be replaced along with a new battery and a new chain. It’s my first bike and I bought it when I was single and had no extra expenses but now I am the only source of income in the house with a son and a wife so funds are a bit tight. On top of that it is a Ducati Monster diesel so it’s not like I can just go buy another one due to it being limited.

Have mercy on me :
https://www.gofundme.com/extended-family-renovations

Last edited by Jacen101307; 09-02-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:14 PM

Seriously? Your bike broke, and you want someone else to pay for it?

My wife had a stroke five weeks ago. Her life and mine are changed forever. I can't comprehend, much less pay the bills I am getting. Life Flight wants $27,000 for the helicopter ride that my insurance isn't covering....and that's just the beginning.

And no, I don't have a GoFundMe page, and I'm not crying on anyone's shoulder or asking anyone to help pay my bills.

Shit happens. It's called life. Grow up and deal with it.
jeosbor1 and ebourqueIII like this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionengnr View Post
Seriously? Your bike broke, and you want someone else to pay for it?

My wife had a stroke five weeks ago. Her life and mine are changed forever. I can't comprehend, much less pay the bills I am getting. Life Flight wants $27,000 for the helicopter ride that my insurance isn't covering....and that's just the beginning.

And no, I don't have a GoFundMe page, and I'm not crying on anyone's shoulder or asking anyone to help pay my bills.

Shit happens. It's called life. Grow up and deal with it.
Sorry to hear about your wife, I truly am. I don’t want to ever be in your position and while your comment certainly sheds light on the fact that my situation is much better than yours I can only apologize again because the forum of gofundme is such a broad spectrum that in the world we live in other people really do not mind helping out those in the smallest of things, even just funding vacations for people.

I certainly did not mean to envoke such a strong reaction from you, or anyone else for that matter, I only thought that in the heart of any rider they hold certain things/memories dear and perhaps they wish they may have done something different. To me this bike holds a lot of value aside from a monetary one and I have hopes to one day pass on that value to my son.

Again I am truly sorry to hear about your situation and while life does happen if there is one thing that can not be replaced it is a life so while I understand your frustration about your current situation if I was in it I would be like you and just say to heck with my credit and to heck with my bills because the love of my life is worth more than anything. I wish you and your love the best.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 08:28 PM

Good luck taking care of the family and fixing your bike Jacen.
It's a dog eat dog world out there. Every man for himself.

Sincerely,

The Cat.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster4Lee View Post
Good luck taking care of the family and fixing your bike Jacen.
It's a dog eat dog world out there. Every man for himself.

Sincerely,

The Cat. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/DucatiMonster_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG]
Thanks, no matter what the family is taken care of. That’s the whole point of the gofundme, if it pans out, which is unlikely and I wasn’t really expecting it to, then great but if not oh well my family will be ok. If the only thing I have to pass down to my son is knowledge then so be it. It was a long shot at best. Hate to take the bike to the scrap yard and sell it for weight but if anything it goes back to what I already robbed my family of in rainy day funds in trying to keep a stupid dream alive of having something to pass down just because it meant something to me when as the previous poster pointed out there are many other things worth more than wants and dreams.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 04:47 AM

Garage
I would find a way to store it more successfully until you can begin repair.
From the sounds of your situation, it might be kind of inappropriate for you to have such an expensive toy while things are so strapped.
It puts a lot of strain on a relationship and family to do that kind of thing.

If things are as tight as you say, even if someone gives you a few thousand to repair the bike, actually spending it on a motorcycle, again.. Kind of not the time for that from the sounds of things.
It will be hard to maintain, and a constant reminder of your current situation.

I say stay the course, and fill some change jars for your own fund. Store the bike. You'll enjoy it more if you get there yourself, and you won't be the first to bring a bike back from a rusty grave. Just try to prevent it from getting worse in the mean time.

Good luck.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 06:56 AM

Really, dude?

I just looked again and your go fund me was still up! I was very surprised at that. I’m not so surprised that there hasn’t been a single donation.
I think you’re just racking up some seriously bad karma right now.
Plus, there’s no way in heaven or hell that little nipper in your photos will ever have this bike “passed down to him.” You don’t even have the resources to own this bike, you left it outside for 3 years, dumped money into it upon your return, and now need more you can’t afford? This is more about you, I suspect, and a seemingly selfish act to get your toy back. Come on, man.
Your kid needs to grow up with a great dad now way more than he needs anything “
passed down” to him later.
Do some soul searching. Your family will thank you for it.

‘06 S2R1K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode