Corse dynamics oil drain plug - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SwiftTone

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Corse dynamics oil drain plug

Hi!

I've got a 2007 S4R with the Testastretta motor. I'm about to drain and replace the oil with fresh for the winter. (never done it before)

i've searched and searched, and found lots of contradictory info on torque settings, proper crush washer, crush washer re-use, etc. Most bothersome though are all the people having issues with the OEM drain plug design, causing stripping, etc.

I thought the best thing would just be to upgrade it (like everything else!) and i've landed on the corse dynamics plug. Problem is, the only actual review of it I've found is on Amazon, and it's a horrible review, talking about the o-ring disintegrating right away, and the magnet coming off and getting attached to the internals of the motor. (!) you can see it here:

I certainly don't want that! So, can anyone refute that? Is it a good upgrade? Do any of you use it? Is there a better option (i could not find one)

Thanks!

Davidn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 11:03 AM

Simple. Use oem drain plug with new crush washer everytime. There is a torque spec for it in the manual but I just Tighten it until everything makes contact, then a little more until I feel the crush washer "crush"

Never had oil leakage with this method.

People strip it because they over tighten, not because of design.

Btw, my s2r1000 has magnetic drain plug stock. Your s4rs probably does as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
toytuff likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
Simple. Use oem drain plug with new crush washer everytime. There is a torque spec for it in the manual but I just Tighten it until everything makes contact, then a little more until I feel the crush washer "crush"
You are exactly correct!

For the life of me, I can never understand how some people can not grasp that concept.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn01 View Post
Hi!

I've got a 2007 S4R with the Testastretta motor. I'm about to drain and replace the oil with fresh for the winter. (never done it before)

i've searched and searched, and found lots of contradictory info on torque settings, proper crush washer, crush washer re-use, etc. Most bothersome though are all the people having issues with the OEM drain plug design, causing stripping, etc.

I thought the best thing would just be to upgrade it (like everything else!) and i've landed on the corse dynamics plug. Problem is, the only actual review of it I've found is on Amazon, and it's a horrible review, talking about the o-ring disintegrating right away, and the magnet coming off and getting attached to the internals of the motor. (!) you can see it here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AIARINR8XL7NR

I certainly don't want that! So, can anyone refute that? Is it a good upgrade? Do any of you use it? Is there a better option (i could not find one)

Thanks!

Davidn
We've sold thousands of those CD drain plugs. We've never had a problem reported to us.

It is really important that you do not overtighten this aluminum plug. The torque specs for the OEM metal plug and aluminum crush washer is almost twice as much as that for an aluminum plug with a rubber O-Ring.

-M

Last edited by moto; 01-13-2016 at 01:26 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto View Post
We've sold thousands of those CD drain plugs. We've never had a problem reported to us.
-M
I bought this very plug from Moto for my S4RT and it's solid. The area you really need to watch for is the plate for the oil screen filter. Those 4 screws are soft as hell. Ever heard of a month long oil change? I have :\

2007 Ducati S4RT
2006 Ducati S2R800 [sold]
My YouTube Videos - S2R800 & S4RT exhaust vids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode