2016 Ducati Monster 1200 R unveiled - Page 4 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 2Likes

post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 10:27 PM

Monster 821 & 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene996 View Post
Am I the only one who finds the 821 and this new 1200 to be the ugliest Monster ever? Something about the short (non-existant) trellis frame and all the extra hoses really turns me off of this bike.
I really like these bikes and need to ride one. Water pumpers are better for emissions and the way all the mfgs. are going. We're all going to be seeing a lot of plumbing on most all bikes! Also, I like the way they brought the wheelbase out a bit. Have the 696 now, but would like something just a bit less darty in handling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 07:00 AM

Note that the 1200/1200s models have 1.2" more wheelbase than the 821. It's not just the difference between SSSA and a dual-sided arm.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 04:04 PM

What is people's thoughts of this latest monster vs the streetfighter s? They appear to be close in specs so my question is which is the better one to get. I just ask because I can buy a used streetfighter s for $8000 and the 1200 R looks like it will be $18900. If they are that close in performance it would only make sense to buy the cheaper one.
Any Thoughts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode