2016 Ducati Monster 1200 R unveiled - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 2Likes

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene996 View Post
Am I the only one who finds the 821 and this new 1200 to be the ugliest Monster ever? Something about the short (non-existant) trellis frame and all the extra hoses really turns me off of this bike.
Ducati didn't do the best job aesthetically with the water cooling plumbing on these bikes, but no one should expect the look to be as clean as on an air cooled machine. I'm not with you on the new trellis, which looks just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 03:48 PM

I've got the Stripe and correct, it does nothing to make the display more readable/visible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz33v4 View Post
Yes, I'm familiar with that photo, which again shows the micro fairing won't help with cluster visibility (or much with windblast).

2015 Monster 1200s Stripe
2016 Honda Africa Twin
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 07:40 AM

I think this is the ugliest bike in the world!!! My 1200 S with Corbin seat is sooooo much prettier. It's Ugly Ugly Ugly and I dont want it!!!!
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaman View Post
I think this is the ugliest bike in the world!!! My 1200 S with Corbin seat is sooooo much prettier. It's Ugly Ugly Ugly and I dont want it!!!!
lol

I love you Scuba
Yours truly
Rosso

In other news : Minus the minor upgrades (from the S model)...yeah, aesthetically it looks - not "shite" obviously - but...

Don't know boys, Ducati has "lost it" the past couple of years and is now content with just rehashing a bike and calling it a new model...It's like they're not even trying any more...

Wanna know which Italian company still releases SEXY muhfuggin Italian exotica machines worthy of the "R" moniker ? MV Agusta - just look at the "R" models of the B3 800 and the Dragster, besides the various engine tweaks and other tidbits, looks-wise they're sexy as hell and sure look more "premium" than the non "R" models - and that's the point really...
Now, compare them to the 1200R with its cheap looking painted forks (looks like a plasti-dip job ffs) , same rims (design-wise, i know they're forged) and...yeah...
Oh yes, new exhausts but really, you're just going to swap those for some A.M ones so who cares really...

Again, imo, it's like they're not even trying anymore, when the "S", the cheaper model is already good enough and looks better than the more "premium"/expensive one...

Personally speaking (always) I'd opt for the S model
Scubaman likes this.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 05:51 PM

Garage
You are not the only one Marlene, I promise you.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 06:21 PM

Garage
I was told the sticker will be $18,500 for the new 1200r which seems a bit on the high side for the few additions. imho
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 06:48 PM

Hmmm, interesting price-point. I think that puts it at the top of the price-point for "naked" sport bikes including the Aprilia Tuono Factory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javaman View Post
I was told the sticker will be $18,500 for the new 1200r which seems a bit on the high side for the few additions. imho

2015 Monster 1200s Stripe
2016 Honda Africa Twin
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshinn View Post
You are not the only one Marlene, I promise you.
Great, so you'll take your money and buy something much better looking and air-cooled. Let's see, that would be a Moto Guzzi or a Harley or any one of dozens of air-cooled naked bikes available.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 07:09 PM

Garage
I was at the dealer today dropping my 1200s off for the 7500 mile service and was talking with them about it and that is where the price came up. I am one to say that the 1200s is a blast to ride but I, like many others, ALWAYS for some crazy reason want MORE POWER!!! I think it could have the 205hp 1299 engine and once I get a little used to it, I would want more hahahahaha!!! I've had cars with 850hp and ridden in friends cars with 1600hp and for some reason we always want more but I am insane.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 08:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rz33v4 View Post
Great, so you'll take your money and buy something much better looking and air-cooled. Let's see, that would be a Moto Guzzi or a Harley or any one of dozens of air-cooled naked bikes available.
Nope.............Instead of just following the trend I'll build what I want:

https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...me-m620ie.html

Should end up around 350# semi-wet and about 100-105 RWHP. Best part.......all for around $6.5-7K.

Only problem is.......no traction control, ABS or other fancy electronic BS. So you actually have to RIDE it instead of operate it.

Feel free to flame on......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode