Ducati mechanic in Cincinnati - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Ducati mechanic in Cincinnati

I recently found out that Ducati dealer has closed its shop. Does anyone know who works on Ducati bikes. I have a monster 09. I need to have it serviced. If anyone can point me into the right direction i would really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 10:13 AM

I'm from Dayton so I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately, the closest I know about is Motohio in COlumbus, about an hour away. Competition Accessories in Springfield is also a Ducati dealer, but I wouldn't trust them as they are a "motorocycle superstore". Motohio know their stuff.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 04:06 PM

I spoke with them the day before they closed. They were referring people to an independent shop where (I believe) one of the mechanics started working. They obviously can't do warranty work though. I had the number jotted down somewhere, I'll look for it this weekend.

On a side note, maybe I should start looking for some investors and open a dealership in the Cinci area. Lawrence and the CP guys were cool, but the shop was dinky and in the middle of nowhere. I'm thinking Montgomery/Blue Ash, anyone want to invest?

2010 696 ProTune Powermap programmer, EvoTech tail, Quat D Alum slip ons, Artrax wavy rotors, K&N, 14T, bar risers, G2 Throttle Tamer. Still working on swapping all of the black plastic over to carbon fiber. Oh, and no more ugly charcoal canister!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 PM

I believe the independent is Chris Nicoloff. His number is: (513) 505-9434.

We've been recommending Ducati Indy for warranty work.

-Bob

Founder & President
Cincinnati Area Ducati Riders & Enthusiasts, Inc
http://www.cadre-club.org
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Bob for the information. I really appreciate it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 11:10 PM

good info, especially for the new kid. thanks Bob.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 10:50 AM

Chris: Ducati mechanic in cincinnati

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience dealing with Chris.

Initial Impression:
I called him feeling a bit nervous because my monster is very dear to me & i didn't want to destroy it saving a few bucks.

In 5 minutes, i knew Chris was the real deal, his experience was apparent from the way he was communicating. it also helped that we have a mutual buddy in the racing arena.

Further observations:

He was very flexible & understanding in scheduling a drop off (he even offered to pick it up, who does that?)

his place is a beauty, garage full of ducatis & memorabilia from his racing days, his garage has all the fancy ducati equipment, tire changer, welding machine etc & would pass a white glove test.

his passion for working on bikes is apparent, his attention to detail was quite admirable.

He serviced my 2007 S4R (12,000 mi) to perfection. at the same time he didn't throw the kitchen sink at it. he found chrome in the filter, inspected the rods & found it to be in good shape & didn't replace it. That's A+ for integrity in my books.

Any way long story short, he's a great guy, scary fast on the track, a very competent mechanic & extremely affordable.

I highly recommend Chris : 513-505-9434

Hari
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 11:13 AM

I wasn't a fan of the Cincy shop, but I'll leave that alone.

I've starting going to Lexington Motorsports. I've always had good luck with them and they've always been really friendly. Recently I trailered my bike down there to have service. Service guy (can't remember name), said they pick up and drop off here about once a week and offered to drop it back off for free. He said if I ever needed any more service to call him, and they'd pick it up and drop it back off for free. Considering it cost me a tank of gas in my 4Runner to drag it down there, it's absolutely worth it.

I know the CADRE guys go to a local guy, probably Chris and it's pretty unanimous that he does great work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode