Another "me too" thread... - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 07:13 AM

sold...what's going on here...anyway doesn't smell good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 10:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to motolocopat
WOW......... I leave the board for a couple of months and Crash and who all else have bowed out!
Oh, I see lots of new advertisements ....... guess the new owners who said they wouldn't change things up .......... lied/did

Italian streetbikes, Japanese dirtbikes, American Trucks, Cars V8 rear drive, Steaks Medium Rare, Wine Red
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 05:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to faq2bch Send a message via Yahoo to faq2bch
Thumbs up

I signed on today for the first time in a long time (03-08-2008 last visit) I recall all the good times reading the posts and the tail chop meetings that were planed, all the good times are gone, now lets all get off here and ride!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 01:53 AM

Im new here and was just wondering why crash and other moderators are leaving? what happened?
and no offense to anone, but what do MODs do?
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 04:02 PM

the main job of a mod is to.........

ban necro-posting newbs
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 07:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to BMiller Send a message via MSN to BMiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermad View Post
Im new here and was just wondering why crash and other moderators are leaving? what happened?
and no offense to anone, but what do MODs do?
Everyone bailed out and went to the "other" Monster forum.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMiller View Post
Everyone bailed out and went to the "other" Monster forum.
how do I get there?
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 02:19 PM

It is run by a clique who call themselves 'flounders' they heavily moderate and will ban any who disagree with their views. If you kiss their a**ss you'll be OK.

capo di tutti capi
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
It is run by a clique who call themselves 'flounders' they heavily moderate and will ban any who disagree with their views. If you kiss their a**ss you'll be OK.
Chupa I respect your seniorship, red a lot of your post and always liked your responses.

I'm a new rider, new to Ducati and like this forum a lot. But got into a lot of these Ģit was better beforeģ threads.

Can you give us (me) a bit of history so we can all understand what happened ?

Thanks
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNapo View Post
Chupa I respect your seniorship, red a lot of your post and always liked your responses.

I'm a new rider, new to Ducati and like this forum a lot. But got into a lot of these Ģit was better beforeģ threads.

Can you give us (me) a bit of history so we can all understand what happened ?

Thanks
This board was established and owned by a single individual who decided in May 2008 to sell it to Vertical Scope.

The sale infuriated the core members who claimed they should have been consulted on the sale even though they had no financial intrest in it.

The main objection seemed to be the increase in advertising that came with the VS ownership and that VS would charge to view without the ads. VS countered by making the side ad free for existing members for one year (tho I notice this is still in place).

The clique who actually ran the board feared that the independance they enjoyed to run this board would be removed, so they started up a new board that had the same look and feel and most importantly for them gave them total and absolute power over how the board was run.

All very noble, most people jumped ship (myself included) and for a while the board and it's content was identical to how this board was until VS took it over.

However as the saying goes absolute power corrupts absolutly. One or two of the "Flounders" moderate the board like privates who have sargents stipes pinned on their arms, one of them has over 19,000 posts since May 2008.

While the mission statement places the exchange of technical information at the forefront, the board has degenerated into a chat room with many "post whores" who contribute nothing. True they do have regulars who are technicaly savy but the number of technical questions is not much more than this board.

capo di tutti capi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode