Shrink needed. Former BMW fanatic in crisis - mistress refuses to release him - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to DucS4Rnut
Shrink needed. Former BMW fanatic in crisis - mistress refuses to release him

The Ducati affair has gone on far too long. Like they say, enough is enough!*

Besides, it was a perfect day for a BMW R1200GS ride - a 150 mile RT business ride through the country. Out of the city. Away from traffic. Perfect.

Fact is, with head on the pillow last night, I commited myself to a GS ride this morning. Walked outside to retrieve the morning paper, was almost certain that I spotted clouds looking incredibly like G S - big, puffy and white. Signals from the motorcycle gods that it was well past time?

Maybe....

The Beast has been sitting patiently awaiting the love affair with the Duc to at least bat an eye.

Even as I pulled my gear on this morning, all I was thinking about was my GS.* The thrill of the Beast taking the side roads to this countryside of an appointment that awaited me. It was perfect. It was right. It was only fair. It was time, dadgumit!

Garage door raised.

Like a man trying to make it past a liqour store while repeating those ten important steps. Remembering the vow I had made. Sweat appeared on my forehead.

I just couldn't do it. More importantly, and I'm nervous admitting this, I didn't want to do it.

I needed one more shot. One more fix. One more hit.

I fixed my eyes on the Duc, and I could not resist the sound, the feel, the badarse experience....

Two hundred miles later, I'm home, and I'm feeling really, really guilty. Confused. Wondering, am I in crisis? How long will this affair keep me from my beloved GS?

Am I in trouble here?

PS - Hey, I wasn't expecting this. I wasn't prepared. I know I'm nuts, but is this what happens when one goes over the SLUT wall one too many times?

Mike
06 K1200R BMW
07 Ducati S4RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:24 PM

Re: Shrink needed. Former BMW fanatic in crisis - mistress refuses to release h

You, sir, have been bitten.

That was a great post.

The only antitode is... more cowbell Duc time

That GS is in trou----ble!

The Swordfish<br />
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to slowpoke13
Re: Shrink needed. Former BMW fanatic in crisis - mistress refuses to release him

You don't need a shrink. Just a good divorce lawyer....

slowpokesan13
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:44 PM

Re: Shrink needed. Former BMW fanatic in crisis - mistress refuses to release him

You thought about your GS.

It's the thought that counts, right? suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it is.

His n Her&#039;s ---- Bathtowels are so overrated.<br />
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:47 PM

You can't keep a relationship based upon guilt of leaving. *If you love it, let it go. *

Grab onto the one who thrills your soul. *We can't choose who we love, we can only chose which gear to wear. *

Go to her now, ride her. *Let your guilt go. *GS would want that for you.

How much is that gonna run me?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 09:11 PM

I'd happily take your mistress out on the town for you...

little bit of this going in:

little of this coming out:

then cool off with a little of this:

(yes, I have GS envy)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 09:31 PM

Mike, I feel your pain! * My R1200GS is now sharing "space" (and emotion) with my newly acquired Yellow M900 ie.* So far, the decisions have been less painful because I've been away and not riding much at all.* Come next week and I'm home for a while; I already feel the call of the "principessa" tugging me away from the comfortable and predictable boxer.

Solution?* Ride often, ride well, and follow your heart.* It's all good, no matter which.* * *

Steve<br />NE Florida
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 09:46 PM

Re: Shrink needed. Former BMW fanatic in crisis - mistress refuses to release h

LMAO!

This kind of wraps up the difference between the feeling I got test riding a gorgeous R1100S in Ice Blue Metallic, and the incomparable feeling I got even just straddling a Duc S2R.

The BMW "makes sense" in many ways that the Ducati doesn't.

Yet, I've scratched the Beemer off my list. :shrugs:

Sometimes you just gotta go with the feeling of the moment.

What's that quote? "You start any other motorcycle; you bring a Ducati to life."
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 09:57 PM

There is only one cure for this... Let your GS go to see who else is out there. I sir, will step up and carry this burden for you. I will ride your GS like the dirty bike she is, I will show her the backroads of Nevada, we will spend the night together in a solatary embrace searching for the best campground no soul has yet camped in.

I too have GS envy! I love my Monster but I long for the day when I can have a bike that will take me to the far away or out of the way places my road warrior cannot stomach. My GS will be a 650 though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode