Need immediate help with my speedo ?? Warranty issues... HELP HELP - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Need immediate help with my speedo ?? Warranty issues... HELP HELP

I have the analog/digital speedo on my '04 monster 620i.e and suddenly, out of nowhere a black spot (looks like irregular crossed lines)appeared on my oil temp/time display screen. It seems that they are not broken pixels, and are situated in the bezel of the digital screen (see pics below). The dealer told me that it is probably due to humidity and to change it but the speedo will start counting again from 0km. The thing is that i don't want to change it (emotional reasons and because i'm more afraid that i might get a new one with trembling needles etc etc). Also, my warranty ends in a month and i'm leaving on march 13th for my 1year mandatory military service. What should i do Cry

Can i open the speedo? I see there is a perimetric gasket on the speedo? Should i pull it and see if i can remove the spot. I mean, i read somewhere in here that these speedos are sealed, but then again, how do you change your speedo's bulbs? ?

I really don't want to replace it but i don't want to cut it and rebuilt it either. I'm very frustrated.....

What should i do? ? ?

Isn't any way to just open it and inspect it, and if there's nothing that can be done, i'll have to replace it with a new one (i hope with no other problems)

Red &#039;04 monster with DP kit (ECU and open airbox with high flow air-filter) and low-mount carbon Termis. Removed mirrors and licence plate reflector. Ducati Corse carbon tank protector. DP black anodized aluminium plate holder, DP 14T front sprocket, carbon fibre underseat panels, carbon fibre belt covers, carbon fibre front sprocket cover, carbon fibre rear mudguard, red bellypan, black crank case cover with engraved Ducati Corse logo, ducati corse nickel tire caps and Spyball alarm.<br /><br />P.S.: Always on 1 wheel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 11:31 PM

Re: Need immediate help with my speedo ?? Warranty issues... HELP HELP

that's not something you can fix nor should try to, it's a problem in the LCD. Functionally, if it doesn't obscure any vital information to the point where it bothers you a whole lot, then leave it and don't worry about it to save your emotional attachment to it...

but, if it's under warranty and your warranty is about to go, you're just asking for karma to come in and screw you over...

If you have the warranty, definitely go get it replaced, the defect in the LCD could potentially get worse and it would most likely happen exactly 1 day after your warranty ends... :P
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Doesn't this thing goes off? i mean if i ever want to replace a bulb, what will i do?

Red &#039;04 monster with DP kit (ECU and open airbox with high flow air-filter) and low-mount carbon Termis. Removed mirrors and licence plate reflector. Ducati Corse carbon tank protector. DP black anodized aluminium plate holder, DP 14T front sprocket, carbon fibre underseat panels, carbon fibre belt covers, carbon fibre front sprocket cover, carbon fibre rear mudguard, red bellypan, black crank case cover with engraved Ducati Corse logo, ducati corse nickel tire caps and Spyball alarm.<br /><br />P.S.: Always on 1 wheel...
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

More pics

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 01:17 AM

It can be fixed, i've PM'd details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode