Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/)
-   General Monster Forum (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/general-monster-forum/)
-   -   Orders from Italy - how long did you wait? (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/general-monster-forum/111417-orders-italy-how-long-did-you-wait.html)

jstyle 06-02-2005 01:50 PM

Orders from Italy - how long did you wait?
 
What's the longest you've waited on an order from Italy?
I ordered a tank cover 3 months ago and still haven't received it.
What's worse, is that the dealer I bought it from says there's no way for them to track the order.
Is there someone at Ducati I can complain to? This is ridiculous. They seriously have to improve their business communications with the U.S. (You know - tracking numbers, a postcard at least saying your order is delayed, a customer service #, etc.).

What have your experiences been like and what did you do?

dean fin 06-02-2005 02:00 PM

Re: Orders from Italy - how long did you wait?
 
This is just how it is.* As long as Italian companies have the monopoly on the parts people want, and people continue to buy them, you can do nothing.* When I was at the Ducati factory back in 2001 I asked them "why does it take soo long?",...* "because" was the answer I got... Nice.

And it's not just bike stuff either.* I ordered a case of Grappa from a distiller in Bassano IT, 2 months ago and I still haven't got it.

I guess it's because they all take naps in the afternoons. ;)


quackerS2R 06-02-2005 02:37 PM

Re: Orders from Italy - how long did you wait?
 
My SIL carbon round cans took 2 months from Italy.

They sure have a monopoly on cool Duc parts!

Fillmore 06-02-2005 03:29 PM

Re: Orders from Italy - how long did you wait?
 
Damn, my last two Red Racing orders from Italy took about 10 days.

I order stuff from Italy, Germany, CZ, UK for my business all the time, and it rarely takes more than two weeks. If you're waiting months, it's not because of the post (which is why they can't give you a tracking number), it's because they haven't sent it...

--Fillmore

ducatania 06-03-2005 01:17 PM

Re: Orders from Italy - how long did you wait?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstyle
What's the longest you've waited on an order from Italy?
I ordered a tank cover 3 months ago and still haven't received it.
What's worse, is that the dealer I bought it from says there's no way for them to track the order.
Is there someone at Ducati I can complain to? This is ridiculous. They seriously have to improve their business communications with the U.S. (You know - tracking numbers, a postcard at least saying your order is delayed, a customer service #, etc.).

What have your experiences been like and what did you do?

The dealer isn't kidding. All we can see is if it's still on backorder or not. When it drops off that list, it's usually just a couple of days out.

Even at a dealer, I've waited months for parts. In fact, when I was waiting for my yellow "beer tray", the DNA parts manager couldn't find any record of the part being shipped from Italy, told me it probably was never coming and to make other plans. It showed up a few days later, having been shipped from Italy two weeks before we had that conversation. ;D

So, no, there's nobody to complain to.

DucSea 06-03-2005 04:05 PM

Re: Orders from Italy - how long did you wait?
 
Which tank cover are you looking at ?? The one from Ducati is part of a Bagster Tank bag set up.. is this what you are after ??? You can buy just the cover seperately but it is designed to work with the tank bag. If what you are trying to do is just protect the tank there are other options.

jstyle 06-06-2005 11:54 AM

Re: Orders from Italy - how long did you wait?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DucSea
Which tank cover are you looking at ??* The one from Ducati is part of a Bagster Tank bag set up..* is this what you are after ???* * You can buy just the cover seperately but it is designed to work with the tank bag.* If what you are trying to do is just protect the tank there are other options.*

Yeah, it's the Bagster cover made for Ducati. Separately, I was going to buy one of the newer Bagster tank bags like the Athena or Tektra. But I can't buy anything yet, until I get the cover.

What sucks is that I already paid for it 3 months ago. I should be charged when the product arrives at the dealer especially when they know orders from Italy take forever.

Anyhow, I was thinking of getting one of the AXIO backpacks if I never get this cover :(

ducatania 06-06-2005 12:42 PM

Re: Orders from Italy - how long did you wait?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstyle


What sucks is that I already paid for it 3 months ago. I should be charged when the product arrives at the dealer especially when they know orders from Italy take forever.

Anyhow, I was thinking of getting one of the AXIO backpacks if I never get this cover :(

That's exactly why they had you pay in advance. Too much risk you'll change your mind in the interim and then they are stuck with an item that might sit on their shelves for a year.

SeanH 06-06-2005 06:48 PM

Re: Orders from Italy - how long did you wait?
 
The longest I ever waited for an order from Red Racing was a week and a half. I'm guessing that you'd only get an order that much faster from a few other companies that feel like you need them more than they need you, even if you were actually IN ITALY.

tsd345 06-06-2005 06:59 PM

Re: Orders from Italy - how long did you wait?
 
I'm STILL waiting for a couple decals I ordered in January. Since then, I have traveled to Italy and the Duc factory and got some vintage decals that I'm going to use instead.

I ordered a DP tach kit a couple weeks ago....tick tick tick tick


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome