I fought the law and... - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

I fought the law and...

I WON!!

Actually it was Ducati North America that I fought and I feel I came out on top.

I've had hard starting issues since I bought my 2002 S4 leftover in 03'. Upwards of fourty days in the shop for the same reason with no real sucess at having it at what I call satisfactory running condition. All this and dealing with less than nil customer service from a shop in Brockton, MA.
So at the end of the season I take it to the last and furthest shop which ended up being the best - Eastern Cycle in Beverly, MA. Well a couple days later I get a call telling me the computer is the wrong one. Someone actually mentioned this when I described some of my problems in a thread a while back. Tells me he's gonna order the right computer put it in and Ducati agreed to waranty it. Then when the bike is ready there is a leftover charge $150.00.
So I begin my battle with DNA. When all was said and done I got them to ante up for the left-over service and setup charge and for all of my inconveniences I got a free 6000mi service certificate, which was my suggestion. I had to renegotiate at least three times to say the least and we all know how easy it is to get someone on the phone over there. Overall I'm satisfied. Going to pick her up in the morning. Gonna be a cold one but I don't care at least I'll get to ride.

The moral of the story is...if at first you don't succeed, keep b1tching!!
No really, I didn't want it this way. I'd rather have had a good running bike in the first place.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over... HST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 10:09 PM

Re: I fought the law and...

free service too, you da man!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 11:59 PM

Good for you, pitt.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 02:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to tsisti

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullspit
nil customer service from a shop in Brockton, MA.
Brockton Cycle? I go to school in Easton. I've had success in dealing with their gear people, but I've never really been into the bike shop itself.

Congrats on your successful campaign.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 03:02 PM

Eastern has always treated me very well. Great service and the owner is dedicated to his customers.

01 748, damn near all stock
formerly CCS NE/LRRS #699
88 Kawasaki EX500 race beeyatch - in storage
01 M900i.e. - gone but not forgotten
Cervelo P2C - the NEW race machine!
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper
Eastern has always treated me very well. Great service and the owner is dedicated to his customers.
As far as I'm concerned there is no other place to go in Mass but Eastern Cycle. Best customer service hands down. It was a pretty cold morning and when I got there to pick up the bike, wouldn't you know, it fired right up!! The bike felt great coming down Rt.93 into Boston, that is, until the cold got to me towards the end there.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over... HST
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 05:24 PM

I must have gotten an 02 s4 from the same batch.

I'm now on my 3rd (yes 3rd) computer/spedo/ dash imobilizer. The reasons for the replacements were a bad speedo, followed by a bad tach, and then then immbolizer decided to rebel against the system . Fast by ferracci, replaced them warrenty and charged me for new keys the first time.

I do know have a bike w/ around 14k on the motor, but shows 2k's. I'm not dishonest and don't have any plans for a sale, but if someone was....

Makes a great argument for not interconnecting all the systems. & it also makes me very happy the the imbolizer that supposed to keep other people from riding my bike, kept me from riding my bike.

02 s4 City/Track Bike<br />FBF slip-ons ceramic coated, Airbox, PCII, CC clipons &amp; sliders, Sato Rearsets, CRG Mirrors, Yoyodyne cutch slave, Sarget Seat, chop, carbon tank
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 10:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to shoedog

Kudos!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode