Looking For New Gloves - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Looking For New Gloves

Did a search for everything with "gloves" in it. Still didn't see what I was looking for.

I going to be shopping for some decent over-the-wrist gloves for track school/days.

Anyone got any favorites that offer decent protection without completely emptying the checking acount? Riding conditions where I am located are warm about nine months out of the year, so cold protection is not a factor.

Mark J

Mark J<br />95 M900; **SOLD**<br />Desmo Owners Club card # 00203441<br />88 YSR 50; **SOLD**<br />92 Ducati 900 SS; track bike. Nichols stuff; FCRs; Dyna Coils; Air Tech retro NCR fairing; custom retro tailpiece; shorty CF cans; etc.; **SOLD**<br />99 BMW F 650 - Hey! It was built in Italy, too! By Aprilia for BMW!<br />83 BMW R80 ST<br />2000 Triumph 955 Daytona for the track only for sale cheap - PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 01:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ericmonstro
Re: Looking For New Gloves

I have a pair of FIELDSHEER (www.fieldsheer.com) leather gloves that I like. I think Fieldsheer is a bit cheaper than some other brands, and I've been happy with the quality. I have a Fieldsheer jacket as well.

<br />01 M750 - 05 999 -&nbsp; Venice, California&nbsp; www.fleedatz.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 02:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to CRASH!

I don't know if New Enough still has the sale on, but this winter I snagged some Teknic Violator Pro gloves from them: $69 instead of the list $130.

Very well armored. I feel really secure in them.

They have chrome hard protectors which were a bit over the top for me when I bought 'em, but I like the "Rollerball extra" look now.

Don<br />North Suburban Boston<br />&quot;You don't always get what you pay for. But you can be sure that you never get what you don't pay for!&quot; -- me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 04:21 AM
tim

Good gloves that don't cost too much can be had from Z-Custom leathers http://www.zcustom.com/ The leather quality is good and they're quite comfortable. The bad news is that they're oustide stiched and are only good for one good scrape before the stiches blow out. I crashed in them a couple of times at the track with no damange to my digits. I just had to have them restiched between, er, incidents.

These http://www.kneedraggers.com/index.ph...IDI-CARBO1&s=1 are the most bad-ass gloves I've ever owned. Pretty expensive, but they're comfortable, very crash worthy and give you a nice feeling of invulnerability.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 07:15 AM
Premium Member

If you can still get a deal on the Teknic Violators, I currently ride with them, and I'd have no problem recommending them. If New Enough doesn't have that price anymore, and you're looking at the $100+ range, I prefer the Teknic Speedstar for comfort over the Violator.

I bought the Violators after crash testing the Speedstars. I low-sided at about 60 mph, hit my hand and wrist on the ground hard enough to break my clip-on bar and then slid on the ashphalt about fifty yards with my hand pinned under the bike. No penetration on the gloves and the only reason I replaced them was that some of the stitching and one of the kevlar pads was worn through. See pics:

http://www.pasta-rocket.com/images/gloves1.jpg
http://www.pasta-rocket.com/images/gloves2.jpg

Teknic Speedstar: Crash Tested, Fillmore Approved.

--Fillmore
(If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough)

&quot;I don't hate people... I just feel better when they're not around.&quot; -- Charles Bukowski
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 10:05 AM
MarkV

i've crash tested the olympia carbon gloves... they feature a lot of the extras found on other makes but only cost about $100. they held up really well, only ground through the outer leather but the kevlar and inner leather held. only gripe is that they don't hold up to well to getting wet or sweaty (not a problem in nm but something to consider in fl)... the kangaroo palm is cracking on my clutch hand on my last pair and i had them for only a year. i've also crash tested an expensive pair of Buse(Acerbis- i believe) no injury as a result but the leather burst at the kevlar seems. i'm thinking that i'm gonna source some held galaxy's next time around... i little pricey but i think my hands are worth it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all! Those Teknic Speedstars definitely earned their keep judging from the pix. I guess it's time to start hitting some more shops to see what's in stock locally for try-ons.

Mark J

Mark J<br />95 M900; **SOLD**<br />Desmo Owners Club card # 00203441<br />88 YSR 50; **SOLD**<br />92 Ducati 900 SS; track bike. Nichols stuff; FCRs; Dyna Coils; Air Tech retro NCR fairing; custom retro tailpiece; shorty CF cans; etc.; **SOLD**<br />99 BMW F 650 - Hey! It was built in Italy, too! By Aprilia for BMW!<br />83 BMW R80 ST<br />2000 Triumph 955 Daytona for the track only for sale cheap - PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode