Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to aranjis
Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants

I've just recently purchased a pair of Joe Rocket ballistic pants. Against better reasoning I purchased them prior to really looking into them and getting info from reviews. The day after I buy them(today) I start to see many reviews basically slamming them, saying that they have crap stitching and that pretty much every aspect of them are worthless. What do others think about the Ballistics? I generally plan on using them as basic riding protection for the off winter months. I also plan on purchasing either the two-piece RoadCrafter or Darien from Aerostitch in the near future. Maybe I should just try and take the Ballistics back and stick to the aerostitch. Any suggestions?

j5

WA : Seattle : U-Dist '02 M750 waiting to be liberated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 05:52 AM
sarah76

Re: Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants

I have been riding with the JR Ballistics for about 2 years now (pants only, I have Aerostitch Jacket). Although I have not gone down with them yet, they have treated me very nicely. I have ridden in downpours for miles and miles (on the back of a beemer) and they did not leak through. They haven't torn at all anywhere, and I am pretty rough with them, done a lot of touring / camping, etc.. Aerostitch is better though, no doubt about that. If you plan on getting Aerostitch anyway, return the JRs and just do it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to aranjis
Re: Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants

I originally set out to buy pants that were similar to the JR Reactor jacket but they didn't have any at the shop so I checked out the Ballistics. They seemed light enough in the store but they are way too hot when riding. I then came around to the realization that I didn't really end up buying a light weight pant and that the Ballistics were probably more in line with the Aerostitch Darien, and since they aren't Dariens they got returned, and the Dariens got ordered. I like the idea of being able to buy a piece of gear and having it last a while. I still even have my first pair of skateboarding shoes from a Freshman in high school. 7 YEARS ago. Needless to say they are practically pulverized but they are still the most comfortable pair of foot appearal I own. Next of course to my alpinestars Effex. sweet boots! Anyway, all hail aerostitch and their understated beauty.

WA : Seattle : U-Dist '02 M750 waiting to be liberated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode