Summer Riding Jacket - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Summer Riding Jacket

Not really sure which ones are the best. Looking for a vent type jacket with some armor on the shoulders, forearms, and probably some on the back. For aggressive summer rides and rides to work and back without sweating to death in my leather jacket.

I've seen the Dainese Air Textile Jacket and Vanson Vent Jacket so far, that I think look really nice.

Any recommendations on those options or others?

Thanks

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 07:46 PM

Re: Summer Riding Jacket

There are a few
Kobe riding jackets that are designed for summertime rides...

I highly recommend the Kobe leathers - crash-tested the Dragon Breeze jacket - it's a fine one!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 01:49 PM
TripleDuck

I've got the Vanson Properf - excellent quality and fit. It works well here in South Texas (as long as you are moving). newenough.com had the best price when I bought mine a couple seasons ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 01:58 PM

I've been riding in triple digit temps wearing a FirstGear Leather Mesh-Tex jacket for a little over a month.

I've got my pride, but I'll do just about anything for a couple of bucks...
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 06:36 AM

I have the Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. It breathes really well and is comfy. I know that is doesnt look like much protection, however I have seen a thread on here about crash testing one, and apparantly it held up fine. Also not too shabby for under $150. I got the jacket and pants for about 300 if I remember right.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 06:55 AM
Retro

I like the Vanson pro perf also. use the perf pants with the jacket.
I like the pants too, but I would rather the whole thing had a full zipper. Got the GP armour for it with 4 scale back protector. Very comfortable even with back protector, but you need to be moving or you will get hot, but I am assuming the fabric jackets would also get hot standing around in ninety degree weather.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 07:19 AM

I wouldnt listen to Retro. I think the heat is getting to him. Actually I like his jacket alot. Looks pretty bad ass- all black. REAL COOL LIKE FONZIE.... HEYYYYY
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 08:27 AM

I just picked up an AGV Aerosport jacket that is a textile/leather combo jacket w/ armor. It is really nice for those really hot days.

I feel that leather perf is the way to go but textile is always better than just a t-shirt. If you are on a tight budget, the AGV can be had for less than $150 and it has a removable windproof/waterproof liner. If the sky is the limit on the available funds, go w/ the full perf Vanson.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 10:56 AM

I also have a properf Vanson (Hurricaine model). As long as you are moving, the jacket breathes nicely. I bought mine at motorcycleleatherexchange.com. The nice thing about the jacket is that it is armour ready (soft or hard) as well as you can purchase a liner for cooler weather.

Tim
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

yeah I've got my eye on the joe rocekt phoenix 2.0 jacket and I also really like the looks of the dainese air tex jacket too. We'll see which one I go with, but I'm glad to hear about a positive comfort and crash review of the joe rocket. Plus, it's a little cheaper which leaves room for more mods

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode