Summer Riding Jacket - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 02:16 PM

Re: Summer Riding Jacket

I got a kushitani mesh with padding and armor ready. Love it. Probably should have the armor but...

For more agressive hot riding I use my fully perfed vanson. Much more secure feeling, but not as light weight or cool as the Kushitani...

Scooby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 02:17 PM

Pretty funny on the censoring on "kush-i-tani"!!!

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Pretty funny on the censoring on "kush-i-tani"!!!
That's hysterical, I thought that's what you must've meant. The Kushltani mesh is a seriously good-looking jacket!! Was looking for one earlier today for myself but they don't seem to make it in women's. Anybody know anything different?

&#039;02 M620dark<br />&#039;03 749s<br />New Hampshire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 05:39 AM
MarkV

m620dark, if you're looking for something made for women try looking at the bmw rider gear... they make stuff specifically cut for women. my gf has a belstaff jacket and although it's really well made it is still cut for a small man... cuffs are too large, waist to low, arms a little long. there's a good chance that your bmw dealer will have something on the rack that you can try on also. she was so stoked that they had stuff that fit her. hth.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 07:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to froggert

really happy with my vanson velociraptor.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 08:01 AM

[quote]m620dark, if you're looking for something made for women try looking at the bmw rider gear... they make stuff specifically cut for women.

&#039;02 M620dark<br />&#039;03 749s<br />New Hampshire
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 08:22 AM

Hannah,

My kush-i-tani mesh would probably fit a woman pretty well; it has a adjustable belt on the back 4 inches above the bottom and just slightly shorter sleeves. It is da bomb. It fits me great. I have a size L. I originally ordered M, and it was too small. I wear a 40-42 jacket, so the M should fit a M size woman. I got mine from www.Kneedraggers.com, but you can get them at other places online...

Scooby

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 08:34 AM

I just picked up an Alpinestar T-Stunt Air-Flo jacket last night and it seems really nice so far. Good armoor, perfed/removable back pad, good airflow(hence the name)and a zip out windproof liner. I've done 2 hot, muggy rides and it is really comfy. The back pad can get a little warm stopped in the sun, but all in all a huge improvment over leather. All for 200 clams at the local Rice Haus.

Mark<br />&#039;02 620ieDark &quot;la Zanzara Nera&quot;, Sil Coni 105s, PCIII, FBF Airbox,Cookie1 tail chop &amp; Buell lens, Sub. Mach. bars, D.T. axle plates, Dart Flyscreen,chrome stone guard, SBK Fender, open belts, Dellorto choke lever,*smoked signals, Monstrack rack and some other stuff.<br />&#039;05 Vespa GT200<br />HCMC SE PA.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 04:24 PM
miomostro

Second the AGV Aerosport... got the idea from my MSF instructor who evidently had to "opportunity" to crash test one.

As far as chick-wear goes, I know Alpinestars has a whole line of 4W jackets that look sharp - am considering buying one for the woman.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-25-2003, 12:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to CRASH!

I'm gettin' way behind here. Got to stop working so much :P

Anyway, for perfed leather on the (relatively) cheap....

I have Fieldsheer sport air jacket and pants. Not up to Vanson standards to be sure but I've been happy with if for a year. Still not as cheap as mesh or mesh/leather.

I was going to go with Joe Rocket Reactor. The perfed leather panels seemed to offer some more abrasion resistance as well as giving the jacket more structure to hold the armor in place. I didn't really like the way the all-mesh jackets I tried on felt; insecure.

But then I found the Fieldsheer at a Honda dealer that was plssed off at the company. He just wanted to dump his only jacket.. the one in my size. 'Course I then had to pay full boat for the macthing pants from New Enough.

Don<br />North Suburban Boston<br />&quot;You don't always get what you pay for. But you can be sure that you never get what you don't pay for!&quot; -- me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode