Couldn't believe this glove!! - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Couldn't believe this glove!!

I wsa looking at gloves at a motorcycle shop the other day, and I could not believe that this product was even made. It was Joe Rocket, and they were fingerless gloves with the carbon fiber knuckles!!! Now that just makes NO sense at all. I'm suprised the shop would even sell a product like that!!
But I did see a nice pair of JR's with armour that fit great and were very comfy, might just have to get them??

1960 Female-&quoteb&quot;-- Pennsylvania<br />2007 Triumph Daytona 675--RED<br />2002 620ie Dark--Sil hi pipes, PCIII, FBF airbox kit <br />1996 HD Badboy(FXSTSB)--Stage I Kit, Andrews Cam, Hi-Performance valve kit, S&amp;S Carb~ 86 lb torque,78 HP<br />1999 Dodge truck-- Gibson super truck exhaust<br />1993 Pitbull-&quotuke&quot;....<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; R.I.P.&nbsp; 10/3/1993 -&nbsp; 7/31/2005<br />2003 Pitbull- &quot;Azul&quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; R.I.P.&nbsp; 2003-----11/5/2005<br />2002 AmStaff- &quot;Buster&quot;<br />2003 Pitbull--&nbsp; &quot;Betsy&quot;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 07:40 PM

Re: Couldn't believe this glove!!

Yeah, it seems that some of the Joe Rocket gear isn't made with an emphasis on function...
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 05:27 AM

Quote:
I wsa looking at gloves at a motorcycle shop the other day, and I could not believe that this product was even made. It was Joe Rocket, and they were fingerless gloves with the carbon fiber knuckles!!! Now that just makes NO sense at all. I'm suprised the shop would even sell a product like that!!
But I did see a nice pair of JR's with armour that fit great and were very comfy, might just have to get them??

seems that their emphasis is more on appearance and attitude.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 05:08 PM

I'm a little lost here what is wrong with the function of the gloves? (as I have a pair) I'm not big on appearance, and I consider myself to have a pretty laidback attitude. I'm just curious DUCnHAR why you were so disgusted by the gloves? I thought they offered a little added protection in the knuckles and I haven't had any problems with them. what potential hazard do you see that I didn't I guess in my question
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Wolvie

Speaking only for myself here...

Fingerless gloves, while better than nothing at all, don't really offer much protection. In a fall, your palm and fingertips are the most susceptible to damage. The problem is, your palm is better protected than your fingertips because it is generally thicker and "meatier". It's rather easy to grind your fingertips to the bone on even a low speed slide.

To tell the truth, I find that deerskin perforated gloves are even more comfortable than fingerless gloves. They allow a pretty decent airflow even at lower speeds and your fingers will not get sun or wind burn. Another glove I find to be pretty well made and comfortable is the Joe Rocket Phoenix Glove.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 05:27 PM

... I think she's talking about the "fingerless" part... if it has CF knuckles, it seems that it should be major protection for the hand... and as such, should also have fingers on it.

It's kinda like having a 2-piece Dainese fully armored race suit and wearing the jacket, helmet, gloves for the upper body but shorts and sandals for the lower body.

However, looks like it's more protection if you're into wearing fingerless gloves than the standard ones that sometimes come with cut-out knuckles.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 05:54 PM

ok "fingerless" i've been working for 16 hours straight as of now and thought I saw "fiberglass" now that I've read it a little better and completly embarassed myself I have to agree that is pointless...........now if you'll excuse me I'm going hide somewhere
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 06:42 PM

it's ok... being a workaholic isn't like being condemned... okay - maybe slightly condemned...

i have 4 days/week where I can take the bike out and go riding whenever I want but I have family-type commitments so those 4 days are mostly taken up. not much riding for me unless I plan them ahead of time (say 3 - 5 days in advance).

anyone else working less than 20 hrs/week besides me who still can't get out to go riding more than 1x/week?

as far as those gloves go, it seems that they're designed for the posers.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 01:37 PM

I know what you mean about having to plan your riding time, I only work 14 days a month but I work 12 hr shifts 7pm to 7am for the guys you never want to see behind you while on your bike...you know who I'm talking about. anyway as far as the "FINGERLESS" gloves go definatly for the posers that just want to look "tough" anyway good luck finding some time to ride daffe
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 01:42 PM

... I'm thinking of doing the "get up around 5 a.m." to go riding sort of deal to get more time in. At present, it's so hot out here (90 - 100 degrees) that I'd hate to get stuck out in the searing streets in leathers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode