Couldn't believe this glove!! - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 05:43 PM
scduc

Re: Couldn't believe this glove!!

I have the Joe Rocket Mesh gloves, and I have to say, I will be buying something better. I though that the mesh would help keep the hands cool. Honestly, I think I can deal with a little discomfort and God forbid I go down, head and hands are two items that are very important to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-30-2003, 04:55 AM

mesh gloves? have any pix of them? Seems that JR is going with "trends" rather than function. The TiMax (Icon) gloves look rad.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 06:44 PM

Those Ti-Max gloves look (to me) like you should be on a horse holding a lance.
I'm tired of all this Joe Rocket bashing going on here. I have a lot of gloves and my favorite pair are JR Speed Masters. They are plenty funtional, even though, thankfully, I haven't crash tested them.
Those fingerless things are "cruiser crap" IMHO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 07:38 PM

no intent on bashing anything but just making observations
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Noo,---not cruiser crap--- they would never go for the armour on the knuckles, LOL, just plain ol' fingerless leather!!!!, with holes on the knuckles for venting!!! LOL May as well just stick a band-aid on your palms!!LOL

1960 Female-&quoteb&quot;-- Pennsylvania<br />2007 Triumph Daytona 675--RED<br />2002 620ie Dark--Sil hi pipes, PCIII, FBF airbox kit <br />1996 HD Badboy(FXSTSB)--Stage I Kit, Andrews Cam, Hi-Performance valve kit, S&amp;S Carb~ 86 lb torque,78 HP<br />1999 Dodge truck-- Gibson super truck exhaust<br />1993 Pitbull-&quotuke&quot;....<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; R.I.P.&nbsp; 10/3/1993 -&nbsp; 7/31/2005<br />2003 Pitbull- &quot;Azul&quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; R.I.P.&nbsp; 2003-----11/5/2005<br />2002 AmStaff- &quot;Buster&quot;<br />2003 Pitbull--&nbsp; &quot;Betsy&quot;
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 12:46 PM

Definitely don't want to grind the fingertips. Too many nerve endings there. I've put a couple of fingers on a belt sander, and that's not good at all.I once passed a lit welding torch across the tip of a finger, that really smarted too....

I've gone down on bicycles with no gloves, and dove off my dirt bike and ground through the palm of a glove. Can't recommend roadrash on the palms, it seems to heal quite slowly.

And Fillmore's anecdote was gruesome

Gotta protect those cookie hooks.

Nick<br />'02 S4 -&nbsp; Testa Rossa Scorta - Cherrybomb Cans..FIM ECU..Barnett basket..SBK Velocity Stacks<br />Mag Marchesinis..3X BrakeTech Iron..Brembo 4-pads..RaceTech G/V's..Ohlins 46PRCS<br />C'Cat Bars..Yoyodyne Slave..CRG L/S's and Black Shorties..Zumo550<br />'99 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 - 16t front sprocket...Euro blinkers...TKC 80's...OEM W heads&nbsp; :P<br />[size=8pt] Captivated by her beauty | I knew it was my lifelong duty | - Mike Ness[/size]<br />[size=8pt]Flight Motorcycle Corp. Hired Gun.[/size]
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 06:58 PM

I didn't mean just you Daffe, there seems to be a general anti-JR bias on here. I have some JR stuff that is really good quality and IMHO top notch functionally. And I have some JR stuff which I hate. Like a 3 year old Atomic jacket... it sucks! It's like wearing a sail.
My take is (and I know you are all dying to hear this) that they kinda sucked a few years ago but have gotten better lately.
I mean it's not like they broke up the Beatles or anything!
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 07:08 PM

DucnHar,
You are right they aren't cruiser crap... only sissies would wear carbon fibre nuckels.
Seriously and I don't want to sound biased against my bros on Harleys (maybe it's just this area) but it seems like they would rather die than appear to care about saftey. Literally.
I have quite a few freinds who ride HD and one of them has actually said to me, "I'd rather die than wear a helmet". This was after another of my work buddies did die because he wasn't wearing a helmet. Went down in an very slow crash with a cage. Banged his head on the street and died. Didn't even mess up the bike. I happened to say "Too bad he wasn't wearing a helmet". Which brought on the above responce.
Okay off the soap box.
For the record I have nothing against HD riders.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Yep!! since being on this site, I have purchased a pair of riding pants, have bought a fullface helmet for my HD, and am looking to accessorize my jackets with armour. The no helmet law that just passed, is my ticket to the FF!( gotta be different) I don't ride my HD without jacket, pants and gloves, anymore. The FF is in the paint shop getting customized. So I am setting a NEW trend in my area for HD riders, how many will follow, I don't know But I know what I am doing!!!!

1960 Female-&quoteb&quot;-- Pennsylvania<br />2007 Triumph Daytona 675--RED<br />2002 620ie Dark--Sil hi pipes, PCIII, FBF airbox kit <br />1996 HD Badboy(FXSTSB)--Stage I Kit, Andrews Cam, Hi-Performance valve kit, S&amp;S Carb~ 86 lb torque,78 HP<br />1999 Dodge truck-- Gibson super truck exhaust<br />1993 Pitbull-&quotuke&quot;....<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; R.I.P.&nbsp; 10/3/1993 -&nbsp; 7/31/2005<br />2003 Pitbull- &quot;Azul&quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; R.I.P.&nbsp; 2003-----11/5/2005<br />2002 AmStaff- &quot;Buster&quot;<br />2003 Pitbull--&nbsp; &quot;Betsy&quot;
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 10:02 AM

good for you DucNHar! be yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode