Leathers - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Leathers

How many of you wear full leathers when riding? One-piece or two-piece?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 05:44 AM
MarkV

Re: Leathers

for canyon carving its always full leathers plus back protector... have the vanson two piece sport rider stuff with their gp armor. for the hot days i switch out to their fully perfed jacket.

jaunts around town are usually in draggin jeans, above jacket, and typical gear.

speaking of gear... i was looking on the newenough website and saw a pair of gloves the really fit the badass mad max image from icon ?sp?... big o'e plates all over the thing. thought they'd be the thing to threaten paint jobs on people that like to pull up too close to you at the light.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 05:51 AM

i have 2 sets of 2-piece leathers (1 is padded, the other is hard armored w/o integrated back prot.). I also have an armored leather jacket that i wear often as well & a mesh jacket for those 90+ deg days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 05:53 AM
Site Sponsors

[quote]
speaking of gear... i was looking on the newenough website and saw a pair of gloves the really fit the badass mad max image from icon ?sp?... big o'e plates all over the thing.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 05:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to CRASH!

I couldn't help ordering those gloves when I got my Fieldsheer Sport Air II pants for myself at Christmas.

Tha gloves are Tecnik Violator Pro. What more could a hooligan ask than to be a "violator" (or perp)?

I would have preferred more subdued carbon fiber plates to the chrome ones, but for $69 where are you going to find more complete protection. They even have kangaroo palms!

I haven't worn them outside the house yet. I won't tell you what I wore them IN the house for!

As to the original question, now that I have the Sport Air pants, I have a full 2-piece perfed leather set. I intend to wear that on all serious rides. For commuting and generally dicking around, I wear cordura over pants and the perfed leather jacket when it's warm/hot and a cordura jacket for cool (or cold)weather. For me, it's full armor all the time.

Don<br />North Suburban Boston<br />&quot;You don't always get what you pay for. But you can be sure that you never get what you don't pay for!&quot; -- me
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 06:24 AM

I used to wear a full 1-piece Dainese suit with my ZX7's, but now it's jeans, boots, gloves, and a leather jacket. If I was still riding a crotch rocket though, I would definitely wear a full suit again. They tend to make you push yourself harder. Or it did for me, I felt slightly more protected in leathers. Even though I know a trip over the edge of the cliff isn't going to be helped nor would the meeting with a front bumper.

98 M900, FBF hi-mounts, S&amp;P rearsets, more to come
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 06:45 AM
Site Sponsors

I have a new bad mo-fo Corner 1-piece with external CF armor, sliders, fully-perfed...etc.
But I usually wear my TourMaster Cortech Sport 2-piece cordura suit.
More comfy, easier to get in-out of.
I dont ever ride without full gear in just jeans/jacket anymore.
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Higgie,

Which Corner suit do you have? I've seen a couple and they are definitely bad-a$$

I rarely ride without full gear and am also considering going with a two-piece for general riding.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Site Sponsors

[quote]Higgie,

Which Corner suit do you have? I've seen a couple and they are definitely bad-a$$
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Premium Member

How lucky was that?? Another "vertically challenged" rider just happened to back out of a custom suit.

No bids on the Happy Meal suit yet?

--Fillmore
(I think I'm going to have to hit the mtn. bike a bit... It seems that my Dainese suit "shrunk" a bit over the winter )

&quot;I don't hate people... I just feel better when they're not around.&quot; -- Charles Bukowski
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode