I sold it today actually.
Oh, and what was the other thing....?
oh yeah.
Bite Me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Re: Leathers

Right on, Higgie!!! I like the Futura and the Snake. Too bad they don't make either one in a two-piece.
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 06:23 AM

I ordered the TigerAngels two piece online, custom made to my measurements, good harddarmor (shoulderes, forearms, elbows, knees, dimpled foam in back, hips and collarbone) Due to the exchange rate it was a little over $800. Cheaper than Vansons. Now for us girls leathers are not exactly the most flattering (droopy seat) but I've seen too many folks who have actually pavement surfed and ended up a-ok because of their protective gear. Any time on the track include a backprotector. I've got the Held 'Steve' gloves which I really like but do not keep your hands warm if it's cold out, Sidi Vertabra boots that I love! also a Fieldsheer Air jacket that I wear when its in the 90's (with jeans)

<br />2002 M750Si.e.<br />DP CF&nbsp; Highpipes, DP open airbox, evoluzion sidestand bypass. DP clip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Doc

I'll weigh in with a 17 year old Brooks jacket, Corbin Roadmasters, Jeans and gloves.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a set of full race leathers on the road in SC.

Doc

Doc<br />M900 - 1999 with Keihin FCRs, K&amp;N filter, open airbox, DP CF highmounts, 41 tooth rear sprocket, DID X-ring chain, Corbin Seat, Napolean bar end mirrors, DP Splash tank #8<br />FXDX - Twincam with SE Stage 1 mods<br />XR250- For when I want to do something really stupid<br /><br />Orlando<br /><br />Caution: Contents of this helmet are under extreme pressure!
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Premium Member

OK, here's my list (if I can remember it all). If I'm leaving town, it's always either the Dainese 2-piece, Fieldsheer combo, or A-starts Jacket w. Fieldsheer pants (rain). The other stuff is a combination of stuff that I'll wear around town depending on what bike I'm riding and where I'm going.

Jackets
20+ Year old Wilsons Biker Jacket
Dainese Tattoo Jacket (crash tested!)
Alpinestars Road Gear Jacket (almost waterproof)
Fieldsheer Titanium Air Jacket
Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket (XL, only worn twice, may be for sale next week)

Pants
Dainese Techno pants
Dainese P.103 (crashed, need repair)
First Gear leather pants
Fieldsheer Highland pants
Occaisionally I'll wear Levis around town (I guess I'll never learn)

Boots
Sidi Vertebra II Air Carbon
Alpinestars SMX (crashed/melted/beat up, but more waterproof than the Sidi Air)
Altama Tactical boots (Easier to shift than my Danners, More comfortable than my Docs)

Gloves
Teknic Violator Pro II (replaced a set of crashed Teknic Speedstars, which I thought were more comfortable)
Alpinestars SMX
Frank Thomas Leather and CF gloves (model name??, too big but I wear liners under them when it's cold)
I occaisionally wear one of a bazillion sets of MX gloves when it's hot and I'm riding around town.

Back Protector
Dainese Space 1

--Fillmore

&quot;I don't hate people... I just feel better when they're not around.&quot; -- Charles Bukowski
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 07:13 PM
mw916

Hey Alvin,

We have one more Corner Futura left in size 50 Euro...
We have a killer price on it becuase it is the last one. They go for about $1200 in Europe..You could get it for almost half that price. It's a great track suit with a lot of CF external protection and CE approved internal armour.

Martin
motowheels
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much for the wonderful offer. It's ALMOST too good to be true, unfortunately, I think it might be a tad too small. I am currently using Dainese T-Age one-piece in a Euro 52. The Euro 50 is good for me in length, but a little too narrow in the chest and shoulders (from weight training). I don't train as hard as I used to, and I think I may have lost a little size. I'll try on a friend's Euro 50 leathers; if they fit, I'll definitely take you up on it. I believe I saw my first set of Corner leathers at your booth at Laguna last year and was very impressed; thicker than my Dainese -- on par with my custom K u s h i t a n i ' s. I don't really need another one-piece, but that price is too good to pass up. BTW, what color, and are they perforated??

TIA
Alvin
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 06:19 PM
mw916

Hi Alvin,

It is fully perforated, black with red stitch. The CF exterior does not have the yellow kevlar exposed. It is all black. It features the kevlar stretch panels through out. If you want to send Stephano your measurements he could probably figure it out for you. We also have the "Snake" suits with out the external CF armour in 52 euro.

I'll bring what we have left to Laguna this year. hope you see you there.

Regards,
martin
www.motowheels.com
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 01:40 PM

I almost always wear full leathers (two-piece Vanson with all the armor). When commuting, I wear either the Vanson jacket or an Aerostich Darien jacket and just jeans. I have Darien pants but never bother with them, although I'm sure I'll regret it if I ever go down on my commute.

'01 M900Dark (sold)
'98 ST2 (sold)
'04 ST4s abs (sold)
'05 MV Agusta F4 (sold)
'12 1199S ABS
'05 BMW R1200GS (sold)
'10 BMW S1000RR
'14 Multistrada Granturismo
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi Alvin,

It is fully perforated, black with red stitch. The CF exterior does not have the yellow kevlar exposed. It is all black. It features the kevlar stretch panels through out. If you want to send Stephano your measurements he could probably figure it out for you. We also have the "Snake" suits with out the external CF armour in 52 euro.

I'll bring what we have left to Laguna this year. hope you see you there.

Regards,
martin
www.motowheels.com
Hi Martin,

Thanks for all the info. If I'm going to get another one piece, I'm kinda partial to the Futura, but am quite willing to check out the Snake. I tried on a Euro 50 Dainese this weekend; it fits a little tight in the shoulders. Are the Corner suits cut similar to the Dainese?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode