Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Need new waterproof Backpack for riding!

9K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  RexDangerVest 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I need a new waterproof backpack for riding! I sorted out "Givi EA104 Easy Range Backpack and Ogio No Drag Mach 1 Backpack", but am not sure if they are waterproof. Anyone using either of them? or has any idea about them? Or can anyone suggest me a good waterproof (stylish :cool: ) backpack. Thanks.

#6 ·
"Waterproof" and "stylish" are two words that don't go together. There are many water resistant (to varying degrees) backpacks, but very few water proof ones. To make something waterproof, rubberized fabrics, sealed seams, special zippers, etc, need to be used.

Here is one by The North Face

#8 ·
I have a GRIP high sierra, i looks really good has lots of pockets and a padded pocked for a laptop. I paid $50 or so and it has a cover that comes right out the bottom and completely covers the back pack. I commute 94mi a day on my bike, last year i was caught in the rain about 6 times total. It worked great for me. This year Ill pay a little more attention to the weather though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
Thanks guys, I realized I might have gone a bit too far by saying I want a waterproof backpack, maybe I ought to say I need a water resistant backpack. Yeah, that sounds right. Thanks for the suggestions, I like some of them, will definitely look at them. And yeah, san antonio tx has rain sometimes (Ha..) and I dont want to be shorthanded. And keep them coming. Love this community.

P.S. - Definitely looking for a stylish "water resistant" one. LOL

#12 ·
I've got the Ogio Mach 5 and I really like it so far. It's plenty big for shoes, gloves, change of clothes, etc. It has lots of compartments to keep your stuff organized. It also has a place to keep an extra face shield. Once you get the straps adjusted it sits nicely on your back so that it doesn't add any strain to your shoulders.

Check out the Rider's Discount section of the forum. They had an incredible deal on the Mach 3 and 5 not that long ago. They were the cheapest I could find by a considerable margin.

#13 ·
Not sure what your budget is... but if you like the "urban warrior"/military look, check out the FAST Pack or FAST Pack Litespeed by Triple Aught Design. I use the Litespeed as my everyday pack, it's with me everywhere I go. Made from Cordura (tough as nails in case of fall) and water resistant. Only issue is price, but I'd recommend anything from this company:

http://store.tripleaughtdesign.com/Equipment/Packs-And-Pouches/FAST-Pack-Litespeed

#14 ·
I have the older version Ogio no drag backpack. I would suggest this pack. I got stuck riding in the rain for an hour and everything in the bag was dry; on the other hand I and everything I was wearing was soaked. I would imagine the newer Ogio packs hold up just as well. The only negative aspect to the pack is that the outside of the bag was soaked due to the fact it is a nylon type of material. The inner portion of the bag has a water repellant liner to keep everything dry.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#16 ·
I have used a Kriegga R-30 as my everyday pack for almost 2 years, i have to say the quality is amazing, i have no complains on the zippers, mesh panel or anything else, one big thing for me is that you can put Back protection right on the backpack main compartment, i like that.
Another big thing is that it carries 30L, which is a LOT of stuff, and the fact that it is waterproof is simply amazing, i live in Costa Rica and you can get heavy rain any day at any moment!
I can only speak of good things about the Kriegga, the build quality is simply stunning!, and the fit is incredible, it puts the pressure on the chest and not the shoulders, which is a good thing.
Greetings!

#18 · (Edited)
Not wanting a messenger bag?

I got sick of trying to fit everything into a backpack and went to a messenger because of the.. Well they're designed for bikes and motorcycles, and latch in two places to prevent swivel, but also sit at an angle on your back, giving you more packing width.

I use the Chrome mid sized messenger..
It has a full seatbelt latch, plus a secondary under the arm fastener.

I carry a laptop, change of pants, bike lock/chain, bike cover.. Various other things, and can just about fit a pair of shoes in there too..

It's completely water proof. I've used it as an umbrella here in the more violent Seattle cloud bursts. It doesn't have the type of waxed coating that wears through. it's solid military strength tarp material.. Reflective along the stitching.. When they go on sale they are a steal.

It would take a lot to steer me away from this brand at this point.

https://www.chromeindustries.com/pr...NA&dwvar_BG-002_color=ALLB&cgid=view_all_bags

#20 ·
Not wanting a messenger bag?

I got sick of trying to fit everything into a backpack and went to a messenger because of the.. Well they're designed for bikes and motorcycles, and latch in two places to prevent swivel, but also sit at an angle on your back, giving you more packing width.

I use the Chrome mid sized messenger..
It has a full seatbelt latch, plus a secondary under the arm fastener.

I carry a laptop, change of pants, bike lock/chain, bike cover.. Various other things, and can just about fit a pair of shoes in there too..

It's completely water proof. I've used it as an umbrella here in the more violent Seattle cloud bursts. It doesn't have the type of waxed coating that wears through. it's solid military strength tarp material.. Reflective along the stitching.. When they go on sale they are a steal.

It would take a lot to steer me away from this brand at this point.

Citizen Messenger Bag – Choice of Pros | Chrome Industries | Chrome Industries
With the bag tilted like that. The water doesnt come in through the high corner?

Rex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.