Also - installed the TPO Parts titanium engine studs last night - very nice looking parts, too bad I won't see them again until I change the motor. Didn't save a whole lot of weight, but I slept well last night just knowing that they are in there!
Installation was pretty easy - the stock studs are just long bolts with a nut at the end (right side facing forward), whereas the TPO parts are a long bolt with a washer and nut at each end. The 12mm diameter was the same between the two even though I read that a few bikes needed to be drilled to manage this. To get them in, I removed the nuts on the OEM studs, then greased the new parts and slowly tapped them in with a rubber mallet until they were clearly aligned. The important part was when it got near to the point where the OEM stud left the frame, I gave a pretty good whack to get the new one in there before the engine could shift at all and make alignment a little more difficult. I had the engine on a floor jack and a ladder sling holding the frame in place so that there was never a chance of a big slip apart.