Today I received the new tapered bearings for my headset and my new CNC Racing handlebars.
I stripped the triples using Klean Strip - that sh*t is strong - they came out looking like shiny new aluminum. I almost decided to clear coat them and leave them like that, then I considered trying anodizing, but finally I went with flat black paint/primer. I got a few coats on and painted the shims for the lower triple and the throttle tube at the same time.
I put some Driven D3 grips on the bars, then drilled a hole in them for the throttle assembly.
I put the races for the stem in the freezer for an hour, then smacked them back into the frame with a rubber mallet using an old race to seat them all the way in. On the way home I stopped by the local Ace Hardware and picked up a one foot length of copper to use as a float for seating the stem tube races tomorrow. Definitely plan to use the BSHINN method of freezer for the tube and oven for the race to get the bottom one on.
After I finish the paint tomorrow (a few more coats), I'll seat the race, mount up the triples and set the entire handlebar system up.
After that, I just have to wait until Tuesday to get my new forks, then I'm back on the road.
Probably going to change out the old front sprocket retaining plate too, the current one looks a ragged.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow.