Clutch not fully disengage - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Clutch not fully disengage

Hi, has anyone experience this problem before?

When clutch fully pressed and i try to engage gear, the bike jerks and stalls. it seems like the clutch is not fully disengaged. i cannot push the bike when the clutch is pressed either.

I have tried to bleed the slave and master cylinders using dot 4 fluid and making sure no air bubbles are left inside - the oil was quite dirty. Still does not solve the problem. Are there any checks i can do to determine where the problem is?

2007 S4RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 12:35 PM

take the clutch cover off, and look at the pressure plate as you fully press the clutch, how far does it move?
does the clutch lever feel heavy as it usually is? or does it feel light?
check the master cylinder, reservoir, banjo bolts, line and slave cylinder for kinks, nicks, tears, leakage?

Current: '06 Multistrada 1000DS
Previous: '07 Monster S2R 1000
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 01:39 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoufhakam View Post
take the clutch cover off, and look at the pressure plate as you fully press the clutch...
Was my initial thought.....have you worked on the clutch/clutch plates recently? My clutch plate would not fully extend/move after I removed and reinstalled it. Found that there is an exact way the pressure plate needs to be reinstalled. Meaning, even though the holes all line up, one hole in particular needs to line up with one of the bolt housings in the clutch itself otherwise the movement is restricted.

-2012 Aprilia RSV4 (Soon to be for Sale)
-2008 Ducati S2R1000 (Hooligan Bike)
-2007 Yamaha R6 Blue (Track Bike)
-2009 Yamha TT-R110e (for the kiddo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 10:33 PM

its happened to me also the inner clutch hub has a tab on it that holds washer from backing off, it fails the nut backs off the clutch is coming loose pull the pressure plate and the rod you can see the nut then remove the nut it will show it self I drilled it out and put in roll pin that was short term fix it was to hard for the aluminum it failed. hiddesa alter has a new inner hub with a clutch holding plate its the to go there on the web or e-bay hope this helps o' most dry clutchs are the same
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

I disassembled the clutch and found that the plates were a bit rusted and stuck to each other. Removed all the plates and cleaned them and it works properly now.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 03:59 PM

I know this post is a bit old but my 07 monster s2r 1000 roughly 15k miles had this same issue. Last weekend I had taken it to my the nearest Ducati dealership to have the clutch and brake line flushed. Before it had only done this to me maybe 3 times total but after I took it in it drove home alright but after a almost a week long of constant rain (it did sit out in this rain unfortunately I don't have a garage yet) I try and start it to ride it and it wouldn't stop doing this. clutch all the way engaged and couldn't move the bike. so I read on a different post to let it warm all the way up try moving the bike with it in gear to break the plates apart and then force it to go. The last part proved to be a bit tricky, trying to give it enough gas to not stall yet not too much to pop off the ground but some how all this worked drove it around the block a few times no problem shifting, shut it off started it up while in gear no problems at all. one thing I am not sure of is if it did this at the dealership, because I did not see the bike start the salesman went in the back and brought it around front to me. but my consensus is all the rain may have stuck the plates in the clutch together to cause this problem. hopefully this may help someone else that has this problem in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160830_155458small.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	197122  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode