Fairing kit question for my 2013 696 ABS. Please help! - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 07:09 PM

Fairyings

Why did ya all buy a naked bike? If ya wanted fairyings ya should bought a full on sports bike... my .02
Beezwiz out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 07:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezwiz View Post
Why did ya all buy a naked bike? If ya wanted fairyings ya should bought a full on sports bike... my .02
Beezwiz out
I'll bite. I'm not sure if you're confused about what the other guys were asking about, if actually don't understand why they would want them on their bikes, or if you're just trolling for a response.

For starters, I'll assume you're confused. They are talking about swapping the front fender, tank and rear skins. They wouldn't be adding anything extra that your bike didn't already come with. Rather, they would have a quick way to change the look of their bike with very little effort.

Assuming that you don't understand why they would want them on their bike - they came from factory with the skins. Last time I saw some pictures of your bike, you had the front fender, tank and rear skins on yours. If you think that makes it look more like a sport bike, why haven't you taken yours off so that it will be more of a naked bike and not a sports bike?

If you're just trolling for a response, congratulations - you've succeeded.

2013 Monster 796
Termignoni slip ons
14t front sprocket
Charcoal canister delete
Motovation frame sliders
CRG Hindsight Lane Splitters
ASV C5 shorty levers
Rizoma Action signals
1100 EVO rearsets
Speedymoto front sprocket cover
Ducabike rear sprocket carrier
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC Monster View Post
I'll bite. I'm not sure if you're confused about what the other guys were asking about, if actually don't understand why they would want them on their bikes, or if you're just trolling for a response.

For starters, I'll assume you're confused. They are talking about swapping the front fender, tank and rear skins. They wouldn't be adding anything extra that your bike didn't already come with. Rather, they would have a quick way to change the look of their bike with very little effort.

Assuming that you don't understand why they would want them on their bike - they came from factory with the skins. Last time I saw some pictures of your bike, you had the front fender, tank and rear skins on yours. If you think that makes it look more like a sport bike, why haven't you taken yours off so that it will be more of a naked bike and not a sports bike?

If you're just trolling for a response, congratulations - you've succeeded.

........preach......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015, 10:10 AM

Confused?

[QUOTE=KnytewolF;2811409]Hello everyone,

I have a 2013 696 ABS model. I have looked online, eBay mostly, and I have seen fairing kits being sold that say they are for the 2009-2012 696, and the 2010-2013 796. No mention regarding my 2013 696. I have spoken to a couple of Ducati dealerships and have been told that the part numbers for the 2013 696 had been changed but to their understanding the parts should fit the same. I would really like to get a different fairing kit for my bike. Can anyone here tell me for certain (maybe you have a 2013 as well) if I can put a fairing kit for a 2009-2012 696 on my 2013 696? I find it hard to believe that the 2013 696 would have different sized fairings from all of the other years but I have seen stranger things.

Any help is greatly appreciated and most welcome.

Thank you very much.

P.S. I will post this question in the general tech question section.

I never ever thought tank covers - front fenders rear seat cowls as fairings... to me fairings are covers for the entire top front and sides of the bike... hmm think 1299 Panigale. so maybe I am confused or just Trolling for a response & you're right about one thing UNC you do bite. LMFAO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode