Help to install IRC Quickshifter - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Help to install IRC Quickshifter

I’m awaiting the package to be delivered and need help please on the install as I want to try DIY.
Anyone with pics, info to assist me will be appreciated along with what settings do you go with?
And where did you have it hidden?
Thanks in advance

Aussie that is New to Ducati, so im learning new ways from the Japanese 4s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 09:52 PM

Hi
I have had an IRC shifter and auto blip system for my 1200S on order for 3 weeks but it still hasnít come in. When it does, Iíd be happy to provide info from my setup. Iíve installed several shifter systems that operate like this one does and itís not very difficult. Supposedly this one has all the plugs to fit OEM wiring which will make it easier vs having to cut into your wiring.
The key is to properly set the point at which the system will trigger the interruption of the coils when your foot presses on the shifter. If you purchased the blipper as well, getting the setting right that will signal the system to blip your throttle when your begin to downshift is also critical but not difficult.
Iím curious where you purchased yours from and if youíve received it yet.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Hey, I ordered mine from HPS in the UK as stock just came in last Friday as many sales supposedly.
As a shout out to them I was impressed they rang me about order left in cart. TBH shipping was too much then what I wanted to pay shipped to Australia.
He gave me a great deal all up so I couldn’t resist. About $1000 altogether where best on eBay was $1200 plus tax 10%
I have done power commanders on Hondas before and this is my 1st Ducati hence new altogether and no Hayes booklet to guide me on electronics either.
So scared of plugging into wrong things and Ducati worth x 2 Honda more expensive to fix..
Pics and guides a great help and mine is meant to be shipped in next 48hrs express to me so this time next week I hope to have it to install.

HPS stated the settings are pretty good from the get go so no real reason to play about unless your really light or heavy on shifter. But call them or IRC as both happy to help. Spoke with him-Giles for about 30min which I see as great service calling the other side of the world.

Where did you get yours? As I’m also trying to guess if it will fit under the seat..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Arrived but directions seem confusing and supposedly not all parts.. good to know before hand.
Seems like I have to sub this out to a garage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7F4B6B98-FCFB-44E1-91A6-9BA475E3BB5D_1563528603017.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	220252  

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:35 PM

I have just installed a IRC blipper on my M1200R.
The installation is quite simple actually, but as mentioned above the installation manual are confusing and not easy to understand.
First check that you have the correct cable harness (mine was first delivered with wrong type). If the connectors fit the coil you have the right one.
There is a plug located and fastened just behind the steering stem at tank side behind a rubber cover (the biggest plug in the kit)
The gear switch plug was located in the battery box (the installation said follow a cable under the rear cylinder)

Take a good measurement of the gear leveler position in order to get it back to the same position.

I have used the default values recommendation in the manual, This has been a nightmare. In the middle of a corner it suddenly starts blipping (cutting ignition). In the end of every blip there’s a small boost. Be very careful at first test ride.

This is as far as I have come with my experience. If I can’t get it to work as expected, I think maybe I will remove the hole thing. (First after a few more tests)

If someone has some setup values that works I would be grateful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode