Clutch Slave is it Bling or Useful? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Clutch Slave is it Bling or Useful?

So getting use to a new Ducati from being a Honda sports bike rider. The clutch is quite wearing neverlone gear ratios also dont help the cause to lessen the use.

A few things Im looking to be buying to help with this being IRC Quickshifter, and whilst Im at it was looking at clutch slave for if/when using clutch it can be easier.

How does one choose 26,28,30 and I had read somewhere about what is to match with a Quickshifter but I cant find it.

I believe 28 was better suited if having a Quickshifter as it needed some bite vs say a 30 clutch slave.

Any recommendations, do they make a difference? Or its just bling? How can one tell difference from 26-30? Monster 1200s
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6ECF0375-4DA1-4E9D-95C3-12AFD9B8EA95_1559427702275.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	219994  

Aussie that is New to Ducati, so im learning new ways from the Japanese 4s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:51 AM

They are definitely not just for bling. The aftermarket ones have a bigger piston to make the pull easier and less taxing on the hand. Not sure about the quick shifter aspect of it but I do love my Oberon Clutch Slave. Better than OEM by far. I am digging it more then my YoYodyne I used to have. The 29mm piston seems to be just the right size. Oberon is know for being one of the most reliable clutch slaves for Ducati.

https://motowheels.com/i-7189544-obe...as-listed.html

2007 Ducati S4RT
2006 Ducati S2R800 [sold]
My YouTube Videos - S2R800 & S4RT exhaust vids
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:15 AM

Garage
Subscribing. I can use a lighter clutch action on the M1200R. Finding neutral could be improved also.

2018 Multistrada Pikes Peak
2016 Monster 1200 R

2016 Panigale 959
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
Subscribing. I can use a lighter clutch action on the M1200R. Finding neutral could be improved also.
I found this link below about the clutch pressure and how it is covered under warranty for your ducati service agent to check and repair as required.

Note it is specific to the US market however when I brought this to the attention of the AU dealer first it was denied, then I informed that if its the same in US why no AU as often in Australia we are left off the recalls and its the "Dealer" discretion to do it for free etc.

Long story short it is now updated to include Australia also under the warranty, so a little push can go a long way as I learnt this with my VW Golf R also, Turbo was recalled in US but not in AU. mine blew so I referred them to same type manual from Audit which uses the same item and so it was done free of charge.

Check and adjust clutch pressure service bulletin Ducati
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...47320-9999.pdf

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

So the reason why I was looking at the clutch slave was I have to take the bike in for the pressure check for clutch and so whilst im there I may as well get a clutch slave I was thinking to also assist.

until I find the link or get more feedback its looking at being the 28mm, although there are some pramac ducati ones but only 30mm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode