Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/)
-   Ducati Monster 1200 (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/ducati-monster-1200/)
-   -   Nuetral (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/ducati-monster-1200/355026-nuetral.html)

archdeelux 04-18-2019 10:32 AM

Nuetral

Is there a fix for the false neutral on 2018 Monster 1200R?

696DCRider 04-18-2019 12:04 PM

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caferacermike 04-18-2019 05:02 PM

On my other Ducati's the answer was to ride more aggressively. Don't be nice when you shift, beat on it a little.

696DCRider 04-18-2019 05:11 PM

I think a rolling neutral works best. Some people report an improvement over time and some donít.

Monster4Lee 04-18-2019 07:19 PM

Use a firm boot and shift like you mean it.
Also helps to wear a Ducati shirt.
Mine seems to be somewhat better with miles. Got it with about 2,400 and have added about 8,000 since.
Maybe my foot has been trained too.

arta302 04-19-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster4Lee (Post 3163854)
Use a firm boot and shift like you mean it.
Also helps to wear a Ducati shirt.
Mine seems to be somewhat better with miles. Got it with about 2,400 and have added about 8,000 since.
Maybe my foot has been trained too.

Put my Ducati T shirt yesterday and after 5 hours no natural any more! Not sure how long to T shirt will last wearing it every day. Might help cut down on the number of friends that will talk to me:grin

caferacermike 04-19-2019 05:40 PM

If using the logowear app, you need to update with every new release or performance will begin to fade and/or you might notice faster battery depletion. :)

You didn't say when you were getting the neutrals. I would only find them when shifting from 5th to 6th when riding at normal highway speeds. If it is after coming to a stop and attempting to shift into neutral, that method is dead wrong and should be booted from your list of habits. As mentioned in a previous post, always shift into neutral while rolling to a stop. The parts are spinning over each other and the cutaways need to align for you to pull the bits through each other. When stopped you'll be forcing the dogs and detents through the gears. There used to be a problem on earlier bikes of people breaking springs and bending shift forks from shifting into neutral at a dead stop. If you are stopped and cannot easily find neutral, rock the bike back and forth a little while pulling up on the lever.

Monster4Lee 04-19-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

If you are stopped and cannot easily find neutral, rock the bike back and forth a little while pulling up on the lever.
Think I have heard that before, but never remember to try it.
Arta302, you need more Ducati shirts then. :grin

arta302 04-20-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caferacermike (Post 3163864)
If using the logowear app, you need to update with every new release or performance will begin to fade and/or you might notice faster battery depletion. :)

You didn't say when you were getting the neutrals. I would only find them when shifting from 5th to 6th when riding at normal highway speeds. If it is after coming to a stop and attempting to shift into neutral, that method is dead wrong and should be booted from your list of habits. As mentioned in a previous post, always shift into neutral while rolling to a stop. The parts are spinning over each other and the cutaways need to align for you to pull the bits through each other. When stopped you'll be forcing the dogs and detents through the gears. There used to be a problem on earlier bikes of people breaking springs and bending shift forks from shifting into neutral at a dead stop. If you are stopped and cannot easily find neutral, rock the bike back and forth a little while pulling up on the lever.

Was between 5 and 6 good to know about trying to shift in to neutral when stopped, I do usually shift to neutral as I am coating to a stop glad to know that is the correct way. When I tried to do that at a stop nothing seemed happy so stopped very early on. Thanks seems to a lot less neutral 5 - 6 shifts now that I am used to what it wants. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

696DCRider 04-21-2019 03:38 PM

That is very interesting. Never heard that before. I mentioned I have more luck when Iím rolling to a stop but I didnít know exactly why. And I didnít know I shouldnít do it at full stop. Good stuff [emoji1360]