2015 Monster 1200S - Help - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 76
2015 Monster 1200S - Help

I am replacing the RH Foot Rest Holder Plate (#3) and need to remove Ring Nut (#12) and Treaded Dowel (#13) and fit them to the replacement Holder Plate. I know the Threaded Dowel has a Hex for a 12mm key but the Ring Nut will need the Ducati Special tool.

Can anyone confirm the part number of the correct tool? I believe it may be item #4 on page #68 of the Parts Manual, but I would like to be sure before I order it. Alternatively, does anyone in Orange County, CA have one I could borrow, rent or buy?

Many thanks

Ian
San Clemente, CA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	128.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	212561   Click image for larger version

Name:	68.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	212569  
ianashdown is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 11:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Buhgaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Greenville,SC
Posts: 257
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianashdown View Post
I am replacing the RH Foot Rest Holder Plate (#3) and need to remove Ring Nut (#12) and Treaded Dowel (#13) and fit them to the replacement Holder Plate. I know the Threaded Dowel has a Hex for a 12mm key but the Ring Nut will need the Ducati Special tool.

Can anyone confirm the part number of the correct tool? I believe it may be item #4 on page #68 of the Parts Manual, but I would like to be sure before I order it. Alternatively, does anyone in Orange County, CA have one I could borrow, rent or buy?

Many thanks

Ian
San Clemente, CA
I would try using an adjustable pin wrench...the cam nut tool might fit...away from my bike for the weekend so I can't confirm...

It looks like it gets torqued to 80nm...that's pretty taught for a pin wrench...I've made simple tools by using a Dremel to an impact wrench socket too if your in a pinch for time

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Buhgaboo; 12-30-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Buhgaboo is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Buhgaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Greenville,SC
Posts: 257
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhgaboo View Post
I would try using an adjustable pin wrench...the cam nut tool might fit...away from my bike for the weekend so I can't confirm...

It looks like it gets torqued to 80nm...that's pretty taught for a pin wrench...I've made simple tools by using a Dremel to an impact wrench socket too if your in a pinch for time

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I just checked...the tool that removed the cam pulleys castle nut is the same for the foot plate

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lol...I quoted myself
Buhgaboo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 76
So do you think that would be Part No 887133406?

Thank you,

Ian
ianashdown is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 07:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Buhgaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Greenville,SC
Posts: 257
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianashdown View Post
So do you think that would be Part No 887133406?

Thank you,

Ian
This is what I bought...cam nut tool on eBay...same for the 1200

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Buhgaboo is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 76
Socket

Thank you for the info. I'll check it out.

It shouldn't be this difficult to identify the correct tool!

Ian
SoCal
ianashdown is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 76
I just wanted to close this thread by saying that the tool shown above from eBay is the correct tool for the job I have.

Thank you for the lead!

Ian
SoCal
ianashdown is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome