No New Updates on 2018 Monster 1200 R - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 5Likes
  • 3 Post By bht
  • 1 Post By 2radmicha
  • 1 Post By HalfMoon

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
No New Updates on 2018 Monster 1200 R

I just got my 1200 R in August and was concerned about 2018's being updated-electronics, qs...just spoke with my salesman back from Italy and NO NEW UPDATES other than it's only available in red. I am relieved for the next season at least.

Monster 1200 R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 02:36 PM

Hi, is it really proven? I mean the EICMA is ahead and Ducati for sure will preserve some surprises. Anyhow I would also be happy if the 1200R remains as it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
my salesperson just returned from ducati in italy for the annual meeting. it is true. he was in Bologna last week and thatís the scoop. he thinks 2019 will have a naked bike with the 4 cylinder in it. i was expecting some change when i bought my 2017 in august. i rode one though and had to have it even without qs. in my 35+ years riding its the coolest road bike iíve had-the most fun to ride and i think beautiful too. even with the radiator and hoses. now with that info iíll add some cbc racing parts to it over the winter.

DarR, MrGlock and 2radmicha like this.

Monster 1200 R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
my salesperson just returned from ducati in italy for the annual meeting. it is true. he was in Bologna last week and thatís the scoop. he thinks 2019 will have a naked bike with the 4 cylinder in it. i was expecting some change when i bought my 2017 in august. i rode one though and had to have it even without qs. in my 35+ years riding its the coolest road bike iíve had-the most fun to ride and i think beautiful too. even with the radiator and hoses. now with that info iíll add some cbc racing parts to it over the winter.

Now we know that your contacts were right

Brianq103 likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
I just got my 1200 R in August and was concerned about 2018's being updated-electronics, qs...just spoke with my salesman back from Italy and NO NEW UPDATES other than it's only available in red. I am relieved for the next season at least.
I was slightly worried about this too as I bought a 1200 R in August. I say slightly because I am trying hard to resist always upgrading early and need to tell myself that this bike will suit me for many years to come...

I agree with your later comment, this bike is fun to ride. I stopped riding for about 15 years and this bike made me come back into the fold and I love it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Garage
Absolutely. The M1200R is an amazing bike to ride.
The only real mods necessary are an exhaust and possibly a QS, both of which are readily available thereafter.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:45 PM

Yes, I put the SC Project Carbon Conic on mine and it sounds incredible w/o the baffle.

DarR likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 07:29 PM

Garage
As far as I have heard from my dealer, the only change is that the 18's may have less hours due to Euro 4 standards. If you go on the new U.S. website, it shows the 1200R as having 150hp, not 160 like '16/'17 models...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 12:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27FlashM View Post
As far as I have heard from my dealer, the only change is that the 18's may have less hours due to Euro 4 standards. If you go on the new U.S. website, it shows the 1200R as having 150hp, not 160 like '16/'17 models...
With the exception of the Superleggera and the Panigale FE, all those HP and Torque numbers have been retroactively revised downwards by Ducati.
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...s-power-claims
On that note, it's members of the forum communities including yours truly, that made them aware of the changes leading to the publication of this article.

The numbers have also been downgraded for 2016 on most local Ducati websites as shown here when we first discovered it. See attachments on this post:
https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/3115377-post4.html

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)

Last edited by DarR; 12-12-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode