Dropped new Monster 1200 R - Page 4 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 16Likes

post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
...This may be cold comfort, but most of us have dropped our bike at one point in time....
Years ago I owned a '76 SS Bevel, Imola tank. Taking it off the centre stand in the garage to go for a ride and it overbalanced and fell away from me, tank landed on the footpeg of my Dad's dirtbike...luckily it just took some paint off but the feeling as it was going over and I realised I couldn't catch it...horrible...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
Ducati sent wrong parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
thank you all. the insurance e company is paying everything, no dispute. Foremost Insurance is a great company. I rate insurance companies on how they pay. Foremost had all the money in my account in 2 days. Not only did they have the cheapest rate, they actually pay. You can ask for no more than that. I recommend Foremost to anyone with a motorcycle! parts are on order and hopefully will be here next week. the tank is on order and i hope to find out by friday if it's on the way or when it might be. i can ride it around with the tank if all else is fixed. the stock silencer is $2200. termis $1800. wonder which way i went. lol. i will just have to suck it up and enjoy my new bike fixed. the mechanic at my shop that is putting it together is their best and is meticulous and kind. with the xds he called me when he finished a service and just discussed what he did and everything was good. that's above and beyond. he put on a radiator grill and removed the xds cowl to do it. the bolts were not even marred. it looked as if it hat never been off the bike. hopefully i'll be riding by the end of next week or the next. i live in the northeast so we have a season. i need to put on enough miles for my first service. ride safe.
well all my parts arrived this week. the dealer started taking my bike apart and just realized that ducati sent the wrong handlebars and termi exhaust. those 2 pieces were for another bike. WTF ducati. i can't believe this shit. i'm down for another week at least. riding weather is coming to a slowdown and end. oh well there's nothing to do about it.

Monster 1200 R
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
... i can't believe this shit...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monster 1200 R
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 10:40 PM

It is not very hard to pu a bike on a beautiful level service but try it on the right away going downhill with gravel or thick grass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 12:02 PM

Garage
I totally feel ya bro, I dropped my monster about a week after I got mine because it was slick outside I also had just gotten my Motorcycle license and this is my first bike ever (M696), this was 2 months ago. My damage was not nearly as bad as yours, but still I probably felt just as sick as when you dropped your baby
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
allís well and sheís better than new with some new farkels.

scotty68 likes this.

Monster 1200 R
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 07:17 PM

I gotta tell you something funny that happened me to many years ago related to this:

1. I talked complete SHIT about buying a brand new yellow 996. None of my friends thought I would pull the trigger. Jokes on them, I bought one. It was when they first came out.
2. I show up at local bike night, packed with riders. They see me, freaked out, and as I pulled into an empty space, at least 20 pals encircled me in excitement.
3. So I cut off the bike while sitting on it, take my helmet off and place it over the mirror. Sitting there straddling my new awesomeness. Braggart level +100. goodfeelsbro.jpg
4. 20 feet to my right, a young kid pulls up into an empty spot on a Honda Shadow. He goes to get off of his bike from the right side. Bike falls over. Kid is humiliated. People laughing. Poor kid!
5. I immediately jump off of the right side of my bike to run over to his bike to help him pick it up. I felt for the kid, I had been there myself.
6. As I was running to his bike, he passes me running in the opposite direction. WTF kid?!
7. As I get to his bike, I grab it and turn around to see where he went. I yelled "what the fuck moron, come help pick up your own fuckin' bike!".
8. He was picking up MY bike. I had never put my kickstand down as I was running my yap like a braggart. And this total noob riding kid felt so bad, he said "fuck my Honda! You dropped your Ducati!".

We both laughed, everyone laughed at the situation. And I learned an $1800 lesson - 996 plastics are fuckin' expensive, put the damn kickstand down and get off the bike BEFORE flappin' yer yap.

Sorry that happened to you man.
dudelater and Exreaver like this.

2013 M1100 EVO 20th Anniversary 93/200
2013 Multistrada S Touring
Gone but not forgotten: 916, 748, 749, 999, 996, ST2, Sport Classic 1000, 748 again, 848
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirigakure View Post
I gotta tell you something funny that happened me to many years ago related to this:

1. I talked complete SHIT about buying a brand new yellow 996. None of my friends thought I would pull the trigger. Jokes on them, I bought one. It was when they first came out.

2. I show up at local bike night, packed with riders. They see me, freaked out, and as I pulled into an empty space, at least 20 pals encircled me in excitement.

3. So I cut off the bike while sitting on it, take my helmet off and place it over the mirror. Sitting there straddling my new awesomeness. Braggart level +100. goodfeelsbro.jpg

4. 20 feet to my right, a young kid pulls up into an empty spot on a Honda Shadow. He goes to get off of his bike from the right side. Bike falls over. Kid is humiliated. People laughing. Poor kid!

5. I immediately jump off of the right side of my bike to run over to his bike to help him pick it up. I felt for the kid, I had been there myself.

6. As I was running to his bike, he passes me running in the opposite direction. WTF kid?!

7. As I get to his bike, I grab it and turn around to see where he went. I yelled "what the fuck moron, come help pick up your own fuckin' bike!".

8. He was picking up MY bike. I had never put my kickstand down as I was running my yap like a braggart. And this total noob riding kid felt so bad, he said "fuck my Honda! You dropped your Ducati!".

We both laughed, everyone laughed at the situation. And I learned an $1800 lesson - 996 plastics are fuckin' expensive, put the damn kickstand down and get off the bike BEFORE flappin' yer yap.

Sorry that happened to you man.

Thatís an awesome story. Thanks for sharing. Had me laughing out loud.

post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
as long as we ended up good. sorry you had to go through it too. live and learn i guess.

Monster 1200 R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode