I gotta tell you something funny that happened me to many years ago related to this:
1. I talked complete SHIT about buying a brand new yellow 996. None of my friends thought I would pull the trigger. Jokes on them, I bought one. It was when they first came out.
2. I show up at local bike night, packed with riders. They see me, freaked out, and as I pulled into an empty space, at least 20 pals encircled me in excitement.
3. So I cut off the bike while sitting on it, take my helmet off and place it over the mirror. Sitting there straddling my new awesomeness. Braggart level +100. goodfeelsbro.jpg
4. 20 feet to my right, a young kid pulls up into an empty spot on a Honda Shadow. He goes to get off of his bike from the right side. Bike falls over. Kid is humiliated. People laughing. Poor kid!
5. I immediately jump off of the right side of my bike to run over to his bike to help him pick it up. I felt for the kid, I had been there myself.
6. As I was running to his bike, he passes me running in the opposite direction. WTF kid?!
7. As I get to his bike, I grab it and turn around to see where he went. I yelled "what the fuck moron, come help pick up your own fuckin' bike!".
8. He was picking up MY bike. I had never put my kickstand down as I was running my yap like a braggart. And this total noob riding kid felt so bad, he said "fuck my Honda! You dropped your Ducati!".
We both laughed, everyone laughed at the situation. And I learned an $1800 lesson - 996 plastics are fuckin' expensive, put the damn kickstand down and get off the bike BEFORE flappin' yer yap.
Sorry that happened to you man.
2013 M1100 EVO 20th Anniversary 93/200
2013 Multistrada S Touring
Gone but not forgotten: 916, 748, 749, 999, 996, ST2, Sport Classic 1000, 748 again, 848