Dropped new Monster 1200 R - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 16Likes

post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 07:19 AM

$2,430.56 is what I was quoted for a replacement OEM tank whenever my bike fell over.

I instead had a body shop repair it for under $500.00.

Present and accounted for:
2015 Monster 821
1972 Yamaha LT2 100 Enduro

Childhood memories:
2000 Yamaha YZ 125
1995 Yamaha RT 100
1994 Polaris 400 4X4
1992 Suzuki LT 160 Quadrunner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:04 AM
GBH

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to GBH
Don't worry dude, it happens, LOL, but you know, if its too much to handle, i can always take it off your hands, HAHAHA!!
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:07 AM
GBH

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to GBH
If i'm not mistaken, you could have the ride height adjusted, well that is what have read in my M400 manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:23 AM

Man that sucks! Glad you got it fixed, but I sympathize. I'd have been sick about it as well.
dudelater likes this.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 10:45 AM

I dropped my Harley on my left leg inside my barn, 100 yards from the house. I couldn't get at my phone, it was pinned under me in my pocket. I was in serious pain and couldn't budge the bike, but i knew my wife wouldn't look for me for hours. Finally managed to free my phone and call wifey. It seemed like it took forever for her to get there. Not much damage to the bike, my leg saved it.
GBH likes this.

07 S4RS, 96 900 SS, 06 Busa, 77 Bonny, 00 Superglide, 78 SR500, 85 Sportster
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
thank you all. the insurance e company is paying everything, no dispute. Foremost Insurance is a great company. I rate insurance companies on how they pay. Foremost had all the money in my account in 2 days. Not only did they have the cheapest rate, they actually pay. You can ask for no more than that. I recommend Foremost to anyone with a motorcycle! parts are on order and hopefully will be here next week. the tank is on order and i hope to find out by friday if it's on the way or when it might be. i can ride it around with the tank if all else is fixed. the stock silencer is $2200. termis $1800. wonder which way i went. lol. i will just have to suck it up and enjoy my new bike fixed. the mechanic at my shop that is putting it together is their best and is meticulous and kind. with the xds he called me when he finished a service and just discussed what he did and everything was good. that's above and beyond. he put on a radiator grill and removed the xds cowl to do it. the bolts were not even marred. it looked as if it hat never been off the bike. hopefully i'll be riding by the end of next week or the next. i live in the northeast so we have a season. i need to put on enough miles for my first service. ride safe.

Monster 1200 R

Last edited by bht; 08-26-2017 at 04:28 AM.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 01:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
thank you all. the insurance e company is paying everything, no dispute. parts are on order and hopefully will be here next week. the tank is on order and i hope to find out by friday if it's on the way or when it might be. i can ride it around with the tank if all else is fixed. the stock silencer is $2200. termis $1800. wonder which way i went. lol. i will just have to suck it up and enjoy my new bike fixed. the mechanic at my shop that is putting it together is their best and is meticulous and kind. with the xds he called me when he finished a service and just discussed what he did and everything was good. that's above and beyond. he put on a radiator grill and removed the xds cowl to do it. the bolts were not even marred. it looked as if it hat never been off the bike. hopefully i'll be riding by the end of next week or the next. i live in the northeast so we have a season. i need to put on enough miles for my first service. ride safe.
Why didn't I think of this?!? I can get new Termis, maybe some new mirrors, footpegs, etc. My deductible is only $300, so this is way cheaper than buying it all myself!

Hello; Allstate?

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
not the way i wanted to get them but certain parts were upgraded. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monster 1200 R
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
Foremost Insurance Company Pays Everything

Foremost Insurance is a great company. I rate insurance companies on how they pay. Foremost had all the money in my account in 2 days. No dispute with my dealer on any parts or hours or tow. Not only did they have the cheapest rate, they actually pay. You can ask for no more than that. I recommend Foremost to anyone with a motorcycle! A few years ago I had a claim with Progressive and they were the same. Paid immediately all the adjuster requested. Foremost and Progressive are honorable companies that pay on their claims fairly and immediately. That's just my 2 cents. We buy insurance not to get the best deal but to get paid , if we need to use them. These 2 I can personally recommend. The only reason I did not get progressive is that their premium was 50% more for the exact same coverage. My agent is also the best. He looked out for me with boosting my coverage for my own protection, especially with liability and physical damage. I hope you all never need to use insurance but if you do, these 2 companies are worth a quote as they make the process as painless as possible. Safe riding. My fingers crossed on my parts making it from Italy asap. i am missing my daily rides and waxing, cleaning my bike. It's therapy as well as a great big smile while riding.

Monster 1200 R
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 05:23 PM

Garage
in my experience if you really want to drop a bike to cause maximum damage for minimum speed...

Leave the disk lock on!

"I wouldn't crash my bike any other way now" Says Mr Thicky from UK

Yes Disk Locks: stopping your bike being worth stealing for 15 years!

Jon G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode